𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖥𝗂𝗏𝖾

Chapter Twenty Five,
To Kill

Chapter Twenty Five,To Kill

RICK CONCEIVED the plan of presenting Gregory's head to the Saviors. To achieve this, they needed to find a walker that bore a resemblance to him.

Parking their vehicles at the side of the road, they honked the horns to draw the walkers closer so they wouldn't have to venture far to find them.

"Aaron, Rosita, and Alli. You start here," Rick instructed. "Glenn, Heath, Chloe, and John, right there. We'll peel off every quarter mile, meet back here in a couple of hours. See what we got."

"Copy that," John acknowledged.

"Come on," Glenn said, taking the lead.

"We're gonna kill those people," Heath remarked.

"Yeah, we do," Chloe said with a sigh.

"I've been lucky. I haven't had to do it before. Have you guys?" Heath inquired.

"I've been lucky too," Glenn said.

"Me too," Chloe said.

"You nervous?" Heath asked.

"Have you ever seen something that, um... afterwards, you-- you didn't want to sleep and you weren't hungry because when you close your eyes you could see it? And when you try to eat-- " Glenn described.

"Yeah, me, too."

"Killing somebody has gotta be worse than that," Chloe stated.

"It has to be. So, yeah... I'm nervous. For the whole thing, man. For the whole thing," Glenn admitted.

"The things I do to survive," John said.

"How many?" Chloe asked him.

"Two, maybe three."

"I've never heard your story," she said.

"Yeah, 'cause it'll bore you to death."

"Tell me."

"I was with a group. They all died. Were too stupid to survive anyway."

"You were the only one who made it out?"

"Well yeah, I'm hard to kill," John quipped.

"Incoming!" Heath exclaimed.

"Got it," Chloe said, aiming at the approaching walker with her bow.

"What do you think?" Heath asked as he examined the dead walker.

"Maybe, if we, um, cut the hair... trim the beard. If it's dark," Glenn thought out loud.