𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖲𝗂𝗑

Chapter Twenty Six,
We Don't Have to Be Monsters

Chapter Twenty Six,We Don't Have to Be Monsters

YESTERDAY, they got rid of another group of bad guys. It seemed like this was what they did. From Georgia to Virginia. The Governor, Terminus, and now The Saviors. It started to look like they were truly unstoppable. It wasn't just something they said, it was something they did. They always took down whatever this world threw at them.

Chloe walked towards Daryl, who sat on the stairs outside his house, fidgeting with a small soldier toy while staring at his bike.

Something had been bothering him since yesterday. There was something about the bike and that guy that she didn't get. He was dead, and probably so were the people who took his bike and his bow.

"You got it back," Chloe said, taking a seat beside him.

"Yeah."

She looked down between them to find a pack of cigarettes. "Where did you get that from?" she asked him, causing him to look at it.

"Carol."

"I thought you stopped smoking."

"Yeah, I did," he said.

"What's that?" Chloe said, taking the soldier toy from him.

"Took it from a guy from the group I met."

"The ones in the burnt forest?"

"Yeah."

"They took your crossbow too?"

"Yeah."

"You saved them, right?"

"Ya ask a lot."

"Sorry," Chloe said, just noticing that she'd been throwing questions at him nonstop.

"It's who you are. Who we all are. You spared their lives because you're a good person," Chloe said.

"No, I ain't. I should've killed them."

"What made you do that?"

"There was that woman, she had her diabetes meds which I stole along with the bag. I went back to return them and ran into that group. I guess they're the same group as the Saviors."

"So you think that guy gave it to them?"

"I don't know," he said.

"They probably killed him and took it."

"Yeah, they might've."

"But we killed them."

"We did."