𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗋

Chapter Forty Four,
Run

Chapter Forty Four,Run

LOGAN'S URGENT shaking roused Chloe from a troubling daymare, her heart still racing with its lingering fear. The door swung open, revealing Dwight.

"Dwight?" she exclaimed in shock.

"What's taking you so long?" He asked Logan. "You gotta go now!"

Her heart pounded in her chest.

"Come on."

Chloe followed Logan, a bag strapped to her back, clutching the heavy weapon close. They stole one last glance at Dwight before exiting the building, finding themselves just outside the fence that stood between them and freedom. Logan swiftly set to work with his bolt cutters on the fence. 

The walkie-talkie crackled to life with a savior's urgent message.

Savior: We've got an orange situation!

Negan's voice promptly boomed over the line.

Negan: What's going on, Arat?

Arat: The girl, she broke out!

"Hurry up, Logan!" Chloe urged, anxiously awaiting the fence to be cut open.

Negan: What girl?

Arat: Chloe.

Logan finally managed to cut it open. The moment they were outside the fence, they took off running, not daring to glance back.

Savior: I can spot her, fence, east side. She's running away with someone.

Negan: Follow her and bring her back. You don't come back empty-handed!

"Come on!" Logan shouted as he turned off the walkie-talkie.

They both quickened their pace, their feet pounding against the ground. Perhaps a while ago, the idea of running so far and fast would have terrified Chloe, but now she welcomed the challenge.

It didn't take the saviors long to come chasing after them. They were on foot with just a few magazines, while the saviors were in trucks armed with various weapons that could end them in an instant.

Logan and Chloe darted through the woods, avoiding the road despite the risk of encountering walkers.