𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖮𝗇𝖾

❝The thing is, regardless of the pain, I believe that living with an incomplete soul is a form of death.❞

Chapter Thirty-One,
Memory Lane

Chapter Thirty-One,Memory Lane

THE INSTANT Chloe's body thudded against the metal floor as they pushed her in, Daryl lunged for her, only to be halted by Dwight, who climbed into the truck and took a seat between the two.

"You don't touch her. You don't talk to her," he told him.

His grunts seized her attention, and she slowly looked up to see Daryl, his fury evident in his eyes, alongside a battered Logan beside him.

"Daryl," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

"Same applies to you, darling."

She kept her gaze fixed on him as the truck roared to life, carrying them away from their old life to an uncertain future.

Her thoughts were a jumble, with no coherence in the storm within her mind. Emotions felt strange—numbness replacing sensation, mental anesthesia. It was like staring into a void, a dark abyss that devoured everything, leaving her hollow, devoid of feeling.

The truck came to a sudden stop, and fear rushed back in, overpowering her. It was the familiar fear she felt whenever Negan approached or even glanced at her.

Daryl was forcefully dragged out, struggling but unable to break free. She feared if Daryl couldn't, then she stood little chance against these men, especially in her weakened state.

Logan was yanked out next, and Dwight approached her.

"Move," he ordered, hoisting her up and pulling her out. She didn't resist this time, knowing any struggle would only sap her strength. She hoped to stay with Daryl, wherever they were taking him; she didn't care, she just wanted to be near him.

Her wish went unanswered, and he was taken away, leaving her in Dwight's grasp just outside the truck.

"Don't worry. He'll be just fine," she heard Negan say.

Her eyes were still fixed on Daryl and the men carrying him away when Negan's leather-gloved hand met her chin turning her face towards him.

She looked at him, terror visible in her eyes as the gravity of the situation started to sink in.

She was alone, with men all around her. Their boss being a psychopath who's capable of anything.

These thoughts haunted her clouded mind, bringing up the possibilities of what might happen to her next.