𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖥𝗂𝗏𝖾

Chapter Thirty Five,
Who Are You

Chapter Thirty Five,Who Are You

"Who are you?" Negan demanded, pointing the bat at Chloe.

Refusing to make eye contact, Chloe contemplated her response. She knew this was a pivotal moment.

"I asked a question and I demand an answer. Who are you?" Negan's impatience was evident.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Chloe inquired, her concern for Daryl overpowering her reluctance.

"You answer my questions first, then I'll think about whether to answer yours or not. Who. Are. You?" Negan's tone grew more insistent.

"Chloena Simpson," she replied calmly. If Daryl wasn't going to back down, neither was she.

Negan swung the bat at her, stopping it right before it would have collided with her face. Chloe did her best not to flinch.

"WHO ARE YOU?" Negan's yell reverberated in the room.

Dwight's intense gaze bore into Chloe as she stood her ground, refusing to say what Negan wanted to hear.

"Why are you-"

"ANSWER ME!" Negan roared, cutting her off mid-sentence. "Dwight?"

"Yeah?" Dwight responded.

"You've got a gun?"

"Yep."

"Okay, point it at the back of her head."

Dwight withdrew his gun, the distinct sound of the safety being disengaged filling the room before the cold metal was pressed against the back of Chloe's head.

"I'd rather be dead!" Chloe spat, her defiance unwavering.

"Dwight, point the gun at Daryl."

"You're not gonna do it, you know why?"Chloe stated. "Because if you did, you'll ha-"

"Dwight."

Chloe's ears rang at the sound that erupted from the pistol beside her as she looked up at Daryl to find blood soaking his left shoulder.

"No! No!" Chloe desperately tried to move towards him but was held back by Dwight.

"WHO ARE YOU?" shouted Negan.

"HE'S BLEEDING!"

"I'm gonna ask you one last time! Who. Are. You?"

"NEGAN. AM FUCKING NEGAN!" Chloe shouted as tears started falling down.

Her answer seemed to amuse him because he started chuckling.

Dwight finally let go of her as she rushed towards Daryl, who clutched his shoulder.