A New View on Life x Leaving the Island

I forgot today was September 1st! I'm officially uploading this first chapter on this precious day, and I hope you enjoy this story.

For reference~ 

-Y/N is 18

        You had had an unusually long day at work. Your manager got mad at some stupid thing you did, and for the rest of your shift, you felt like crap. Every five minutes you would look to the clock in hopes of it being your time to go home. None of your coworkers noticed your mood change until you had finally clocked out.

You were mentally exhausted as you made your way into your room. You wanted to cry in frustration after you had numerous customers complain and get mad at you. You waved off the smell of dinner that your dad had cooked for the rest of your family.

A warm shower welcomed you instead. You took in the heat that relaxed your body. The smell of grease was replaced with your favorite body wash. You thought of how tomorrow would be a better day at work. Luckily, you were going to be working with your favorite manager. Excitedly, you finished the rest of the shower.

After you had changed into more comfortable clothes, you gathered some snacks you had hidden away inside a box by your bed. Flashes from your shift caused discomfort while your were attempting to get comfortable in your bed.

"Fuckin' shit." You groan.

You reached for the remote and opened Netflix on the TV. The familiar sound of the app welcomed you to a sad selection of shows you were waiting to watch or had already rewatched for the 50th time.

You sighed, "I could either rewatch Grey's Anatomy again or..." The remote clicked as you began scrolling through the shows you've already watched.

Nothing seemed to catch your eye. You didn't want to watch something new, you were too tired to try absorbing new information. But you wanted to watch something that would get your attention.

"Well, I guess I can rewatch this now." You selected HunterxHunter from the many shows on the app.

It had been a few years since you had watched HunterxHunter. One of the many reasons you never finished the show was because you didn't want to have it end. You knew there was an "ending" but you didn't want to see it. Weird right?

Your favorite arc from the show was the Hunter Exam Arc. You adored the introduction to each character and all their quirks. It was so fresh, they were still so young and hopeful...Compared to the later episodes/arcs...

E P I S O D E  1:  A Boy Setting Out for a Journey x Leaving Behind the Sound of the Wind

You opened a bag of chips. The opening of the show began to play. Your troubles soon began to melt away. Ironically, you began imagining yourself as a separate character of the show who follows Gon and his friends through friendships and hardships. You of course were nowhere close to being as in shape as any of the main characters to be able to attempt the Hunter Exam. If anything, you were like Leorio...Except more out of shape.

You sunk into your bed. Your muscles finally began to relax. You let out a soft sigh.

You desperately wanted to sleep, but you wanted to watch the anime playing on the screen. In sudden frustration, you threw the TV remote at the TV.

Big mistake.

The image on the screen turned black, but the sound was still playing. In a hurry, you rushed to the TV and grasped the remote in panic. Your dad was going to murder you for ruining a $300 television that he bought for you. Fuck fuck fuck.