ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕃𝕖𝕗𝕥

Hi Loves! Please read the bottom. Ok enjoy!

Alora's POV

The next few weeks went by. I had to stay in the hospital for six weeks, for 'recovery' purposes. Kai and I would call and text everyday, and we'd hang out by the window almost every night. I met his parents and he met mine and a few of my "friends" that stayed. I didn't really talk to them. Well I talked to a few people but otherwise I put all my attention into Kai. I went to all of his chemo treatments and tried to be there as much as I could.

Griffin had stopped by during the second week, he only stayed for a couple of days but it was nice having him around. He lectured me on how I should've called him. He said he would always be there for me. My heart wants to trust him but I've been hurt so many times.

I also talked to Bryce. I felt bad for him. We were finally getting along as friends and I blew it by sleeping with him. Avani and I hadn't spoken since I kissed her and to be honest I never wanted to again. It'd save me the embarrassment. I had also spoken to Jaden. He seemed different. I'm not sure how but he seemed less reckless and more emotional. He told me about this girl he had met and really liked, and I was happy for him. Jaden's life seemed a lot better without me.

It was now my last day, or last few hours. I get discharged tonight and by then I would have to had made a decision. I quickly texted Kai asking to meet by the window. A few minutes later he emerged from the double doors. And even though his skin was now as pale as paper and clumps of hair were missing from his head, I still looked at him like my best friend.

"What's up?" He asked giving me a quick hug. I sighed leaning my elbows onto the railing.

"I have to make my decision by tonight and I have no clue what to do." I whined.

"I say drop them and go for the contract." Kai shrugged looking out the window.

"But why?" I giggled at his bluntness.

"Well from what you've told me, they don't seem like real friends. They seem like judge mental control freaks who are only encouraging and uplifting of you when things go their way." Kai replied. He was right. They were only ever actually happy for me when things went their way. They're toxic.

"You're right." I mumbled.

"I know I'm right." He jokingly scoffed.

"You're so lucky I can't hit you right now." I jokingly hissed.

"But I can!" He laughed before punching me all over my upper arm and back, making me laugh at how light his punches were. Eventually we were both laughing hysterically earning stares from people walking past.

"Wait why are we laughing?" Kai asked catching his breath.

"I don't even know." I chuckled. I helped him up off the floor pulling him into a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you dummy."I mumbled.

"I'm gonna miss you too." He mumbled back.

"Promise not to forget about me when you become a billionaire." He chuckled pulling away.

"Never. We'll call and text everyday, and if anything happens I'll get the first flight out here." I smiled sadly. Kai nodded at the ground almost as if he didn't believe me.

"I promise, okay?" I asked. He looked up at me tears brimming in his eyes.

"I just don't know how I'll get through this alone." He whispered, his lip trembling.

"You won't be alone, I'll be right there with you. Well maybe not there in the flesh but I'll be watching to make sure you're ok and I'll call before you go to bed and I'll pray for you every night." I explained, my voice breaking. Kai nodded and I pulled him into another hug.