Chapter 2

I never really bragged about myself though honestly, I graduated as Valedictorian in my high school years. (Even I couldn’t help but admire me for all my achievements yet I was taught to be a down-to-Earth kind of person.)

I just told the class during the “Talk-about-yourself” portion about my Mom and Dad being both Doctors and of course my sister, my one and only sibling, she’s a Medical Technologist. Though I didn’t tell them that thing. Naturally, I don’t want all the limelight be mine. I just want to sit in the corner, be a normal teen, admiring my idols, have a weekend getaway with my family at our rest house near the beach.

“Wow, so you’re kinda inclined with medical practitioners. How did you find this course be the track you wanted to follow?”

Of course I expected that question already. I prepared for it.

“I wanted to teach children to value everything. That, it’s not the profession makes you successful. That everything is needed to move the world. Even the janitors, the street sweepers, the engineers, and doctors. They all are needed to the dynamism of the world, so let us not look down at them. I wanted to teach that idea to children.”

They were in awe. Even our professor, looked at me with amazement. I honestly don’t want to flaunt my family background in the class but it was necessary since they asked.

Just as I sat next to him, our Prof called the name on his index card and confidently, he walked in front. “I am Chandler Arquiza. My mom’s a lawyer. My dad’s also a teacher. I wanted to follow his footsteps. Thank you.”

He looks like a real life teacher in front. He can imagine Harry Styles, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson in front all of them just inside of one person. How could he be blessed with that characteristics!

Of course I thought how would his voice, singing voice sound like. “I do not like that idea.” I was thinking he’s got Zayn Malik’s powerful voice or Niall Horan’s sweet singing voice. “Hmmmm. I also can think about that.” I literally have been imagining how can a five superstars be in one person! That’s insane of course.

We walked and came across the room SCIENCE BUILDING. Oh, Chemistry. That is my favorite subject. We entered the next room and guess how we instantly clicked.

Imagine, I did not tell him yet that I am a die-hard fan of One Direction. But I wanted to know his music taste so I asked Chandler what is his favorite song, his fave artist/singer, or even fave place to go. He honestly answered all my James-Corden-Sound-Like questions to him. Duh of course I was careful of my words and maybe I could offend him. I tell you what, he loves 5 Seconds of Summer. No wonder I felt the same energy with him. We vibe at an instance (since One Direction had been touring with 5SOS and they were all good friends). I thought we would be the same as our fave bands too.

I was careful that time. New environment, new people. That’s what my mind feeds me. I felt good with him. We were also partners in the lab activities throughout the school year.

“Stoichiometry it is. Now we have the partners for laboratory, be the partners for every project I am giving you.”

Uh-oh. That was the Chemistry teacher, Dr. John Laurent. He is cool. As in super cool. Some students in the University calls him “Prof Awesome” or “Sir Awesome” to others. (But guess what, he often throws science jokes to the class and it honestly sounds corny. Sorry Prof.)