Chapter 3

"You know what, maybe I can tell Mom we will be doing the project at our house this Saturday." Oh, that was a terrible idea.

I was thinking, maybe Dad won't let me go there. Or maybe my sister would make me do the grocery or even clean the house.

"Uhh. I couldn't make it on Saturday Chan. Especially when it's in your house. My dad's a little protective and also an intel agent if I insist. "How about at my house instead. I will ask Mom if it's okay. You think?"

I was nervous what would he feel. I faked a smile and walked. "Oh yeah! I would agree with that. I'll bring the materials. See you tomorrow Aves!"

He ran to his car and drove for home.
I did not like the way he called me. "Seriously, AVES? Like aves, the birds? Grrrr. If he just doesn't live the qualities of my 1D babies, I would have kicked him right now."

I walked to the gate and saw dad waiting. Yuh, I told you already that he was like a secret agent or detective or something.

"Hey Dad!" I called. As excited as I am, I ran and get in the car and kissed him. (Yeah some things never changed.)

"How's school Kits? It's first day! It should be hmmm exciting!" Yeah, I must tell you no one calls me by my second name except Dad.

I glanced at the window and answered, "Yeah! Super cool! I've got a cool chemistry teacher and we call him Prof Awesome. So uh, yeah. I've got project to do with a partner, Dad. So hmm, my partner is Chandler Arquiza, you know, he's got the looks of Liam Payne with Louis Tomlinson's eyes and Harry Styles' hair. And we'll be doing the project at our house Dad. Is it okay? We'll be doing that on Saturday."

I glanced at him and saw his eyes narrowed. Uh-oh. Maybe that was a terrible idea. Even terrible than Chandler's.

"Uhm, maybe you should tell your Mom, Kits. It's okay with me. But remember, I do not want you to have a boyfriend. Didn't I tell you that?"

Now he's thinking I am asking their approval for marriage. That was hilarious. I really don't like that idea. So I smirked, "Hey Dad, I don't even have a crush on someone okay. And nobody even likes me. So...it's just a project thing Dad."

That was just the sweet side of my Dad. He's very protective when it comes to us. I remember how he mean to not sleep when Aubrey (my sister) suffers in dysmenorrhea every time her menstruation comes. I remember exactly how he rush to me at school when I was 9th grade when my asthma attacks me in the middle of my softball championship game. He even made a poster for me with Zayn hugging me in the photo. Of course that was edited by my ever creative sister. Ahh, that was sweet.

We reach home and it was Mom's and Aubrey's day off! It's the best day ever! I can smell Adobo even we are still at the garage. Mom knew it was my favorite. Aubrey made salad. Yey! As we entered, Mom hugged Dad and they kissed. Oops that was sweet and I couldn't help admiring them for the nth time. I rushed to my room, change my clothes and hurried to the dining.

I hugged Mom and Aubrey and they asked how's my day and of course I did tell them. Also the project thing with Chandler. Luckily, they agreed. But I do think my Dad would put CCTV in every corner of the house to see if the 1D look-alike would harm me or nah. Dang it! Hahaha. That was crazy.