Chapter 6

I watched The Ellen show that night. I've got an essay to do but yeah, it's One Direction guesting the show so I will just do the essay tomorrow. I have a half day schedule and the deadline will be next week.

I opened my Twitter and saw the tweet of Harry. As always, "Treat people with kindness. Love H." I could say he can be a great Values Education teacher. You agree?

Also I tweeted, "Maybe @HarryStyles was my mentor for advising my not so crazy friend Chandler to brace himself for the audition tomorrow."

Then I giggled and hurried to my laptop. I opened Youtube and watched the 1D video.

"Hi! We are One Direction! Yeaaayyy!" I laughed as Louis nearly squeaked. They are my daily dose of happiness. You couldn't agree more, yeah I know.

(Knock in the door.) "Hey! What's up there?" that was my sister Aubrey. I paused the video and hurried to her. Maybe she's gonna give me a reward for washing the dishes tonight. (Yeah of course I do chores.) Or maybe another errand to run. Or maybe she's gonna ask me to download another episode of her favorite Korean Drama she's absolutely addicted at.(You can ask me later what's that K-drama.)

"Heyyah! I'm just taking the meds. (oops. That's the happy pill. Uh, One Direction thingy.) Hmmm, what's uhhh the matter?" That was encouraging. I saw the sparkle in her eyes. She knew I'm interested to what she will spill tonight. I knew her to the bones. She's got the sweet high pitch voice when she's excited or overwhelmed; the cold and cracking voice when tensed or sad. I just wish I knew what's wrong. I am just waiting for her to speak and tell me what bothers her.

"We broke up." That was painful. I felt her pain running to her nerves.

Aubrey loved her boyfriend so much. They've been together since they were high school. Honestly, I look up to them. They have the real #RelationshipGoals. Aubrey's boyfriend is Tause Marquez, the lead vocalist of the Piper Band. I admire him since he's a musician. I do like him for Aubrey. I can see Aubrey eyes shine while watching him sing for her in front of the crowd. She's always been so proud of him. They were classmates in high school and even until after college, they were together. They have faced a lot. Dad does not want Tause to be with Aubrey at first. But Aubrey really does love him and fought for him. I was really hurt when I saw my sister helpless that night. I hugged her and made her feel I can be there for her.

I remembered Chandler's song. Amnesia. I can feel the lyrics stabbing my sister's heart. I can feel the pain in her tears. It was hot. It was even more resentful.

"And forget about those stupid little things." I knew the strength of my sister. I knew she can get through this. I do not think Chandler gave me sign that day but I knew deep inside me, I knew the pain.