Chapter 24

That was the most serious class I've been to. I haven't heard Prof. Awesome throw his not so effective, funny jokes at our dumb faces. He gave us lectures then gave quiz then make us pass our projects then class dismissed. Maybe Prof. Awesome's day's not good.

"Heyy!" School Games' coming. You joining?" Chandler rushed to my side as we walked in the corridor.

"I don't know. Ain't got time." I answered. Honestly, I do not know. Our department wasn't giving us notice or even posting a screening announcement and if there is, maybe there's no softball.

Walking in the corridor is like walking in Tartarus, with all eyes on you, whispers and even giggles like they're talking about your skinny toe.

Well of course because you are not the campus golden trio- Therese, Shawntal and Vheaney. They would walk in the corridor and all the lights are focused into them like they were Taylor Swift and her gold squad. I always love Taylor Swift since I first listened to her "Love Story."

Well, I compared Taylor to one of those sassy campus sweethearts, Therese Portugal. She has the Taylor look in her pouty red lips and curly blonde hair but not Tay's sweet characteristics; Therese is one of the proudest sassy bitch in the campus. I heard some stories about her like being the girlfriend of the campus hunk and basketball star, Mauric Lucito. She's also the muse of the School of Arts and Communication Department.

The other two girls, they're her besties, Shawntal Martinez- the daughter of the University Nurse and Vheaney Alhombra- the campus cheerleader and the only daughter of the City Governor. Well, they've got the power but yeah not the brains. The three would corner one of my classmate in History class and force her to do their essays. (Duh. Not cool.)

Back to my corridor conversation with Chandler, he's insisting I should join the School Games and he will be there to support me. Well that was convincing but as long as no one approaches me with the 'WANTED: SOFTBALL PLAYERS', I wouldn't do the first move.

I saw the preparations for the School games, that will be three weeks from now.

"Hey, how about you? Why don't you play soccer or volleyball?" I asked Chandler. I caught him looking at the Sassy Girls in the bench, taking pictures of themselves and all their branded things.

"Well, I don't play games. I'll just be at the corner and cheer you bat the ball!" I smiled and realized he's really desperate to watch me play.

We headed to the cafeteria and saw our department President there. He was quite familiar to me since we came from the same high school. I smiled at him which Chandler noticed. "So you're smiling...to whom? He protested. "Nothing. Duh." I sat on the vacant seat near the cafeteria TV.

"Girl, I see it in your eyes, you're disappointed cause I'm the foolish one that you anointed with your heart, I tore it apart..." froze from drinking my milkshake and turned my attention to the TV.

"Wow! One Direction songs must be played here any time I'm here so that I would be delighted to buy their salted whatsoever chips." I commented and saw Chandler watching the TV. It was the music video of Gotta Be You and guess I just listened to it rather than watch it because my heart breaks a little when I Zayn with the girl in front of him and saying "Oh girl, can we try one more, one more time? One more, one more, can we try? One more, one more time, I'll make it better."

I am eating my pancakes when someone behind spilled a hot coffee at me.

"Ouuuucch!" I screamed. I saw the other students in the cafeteria looked at me and the one who spilled the coffee.