Chapter 30

It's a woman hugging a boy like 12 years old. I don't know if that hit him so I bothered not to ask.

"You okay?" He looked at me with sullen eyes. I kinda regret it at first but he did answered me in a calm manner. "Yeah. Kinda distracted." He gazed in the blue skies over us.

"That woman, who is she?" I watched her as she put on some shirt on the boy and put powder on his back. I couldn't help but admire her for being such a supportive Mom anyone could ever wish for. Maybe Chandler looks at her the way I anticipated. Maybe he admired the woman as well.

"My mom." His voice cracked a tremendous amount of pain even my dumbass brain can process. Maybe he misses his Mom. He haven't told me any single thing about his Mom- all I know is she's a lawyer. Other than that, he hasn't mentioned it to me yet. I hope he will, someday.

"Oh, you miss her? Where is she?" In a frantic tone, I broke the silence. I watch him adore the woman from afar. But why?

"That's her." He extended his arm and pointed his fingers to the woman. I don't understand.

"What?" My mind's fuzzy with the bombarding 'this and that'. I saw him raises his eyebrows. "You heard me." Then walked hastily to his car which made me follow him because I had no choice tho. "Let's get out of here." He simply said but I know it is full of weight.

I didn't protested. I gave him time and space he needed. I just kept quiet the whole damn time even if it's killing me inside. He knows he can share everything with me. I just don't understand why he needs to keep me guessing about it.

"You mad?" With a sullen tone, he broke the silence I have been generating. I don't know what to answer exactly. Should I say yes? Or hide it for the better sake since it doesn't matter anyway. I don't want to make things worse especially for him. But I don't want to feed my mind with a lot of why, how, what if and all. I looked at him in the eye and saw an ocean full of sadness and anger. I don't know how it affected him so much but since I care about him, I didn't made it hard for him.

"No. I'm just...confused and my mind's dull of questions I can't answer. You know you can tell me about anything, right?" I frankly said. I was not holding back that time. I know it's for the best of us. If he will vent out about what happened earlier, then all my questions will be answered and his feelings will ease at the same time.

(Thank you for supporting Avery's story, guys! Can't wait to find out what's next! Loads of love to all of you. Sending my virtual hugs and kisses.)