Chapter 4

“I’m sorry if I say I need you. Coz I don’t care I’m not scared of love. Coz when I’m not with you I’m weaker. Is that so wrong, is it so wrong, that you make me strong.”

I saw Liam’s eyes glitter as I joined them sing the chorus. My heart melted as they hugged me. Awww. Can we stop the clock and be like this forever?

Then I blinked and saw no sign of their shadows. I was imagining again. Like for the nth time, there was no change. I can see no One Direction in front of me or even beside me. I just want them to get out, get out, get out of my head and fall into my arms instead. Of course haha that’s the One Thing lyrics. But honestly, I really do want them to be with me that very time.

I was at the library that day. Literature, that’s the next class. I readied myself and walked on. I entered the room and saw different set of classmates for that subject. I wandered my sight but I saw no sign of Chandler.

I looked at the quadrangle just below the room and saw him walking to the right. That silly guys! Where does he think he was going? Or maybe he was lost and doesn’t know what our class is. He’s my only classmate with the same schedule as me. So I sat in front beside the black girl. I greeted her and smiled. Then came Chandler.

“You little crazy man, where did you go?” I awkwardly smiled at him. “I bought a lemonade for you.” Oh, that was sweet. I took the lemonade and thanked him. I was not expecting it.

“Now look at these handsome and pretty faces we have today.” That was Mrs. Margoth McKinley, our Literature teacher. She has the black complexion with black, curly hair, pretty lashes and sweet voice. “Looking back at our Greek Mythology lesson, what are your thoughts about the Percy Jackson Series?”

I didn’t mention earlier that I am a bookworm. Oh yes, I am. Mythologies like that of Rick Riordan’s and Kate O’ Hearn’s are some of my collections. I do like Rick Riordan’s stories. All his Greek mythology fictions. I love all his writings. The Heroes of Olympus Series is my recent reading company. I’ve already completed the assignment our teacher has given us when I was in 12th grade. I spent 1 month reading the 5 amazing books. That was Mom’s gift to me when I turned 16.

Now going back to the class, I did raise my hand and started giving me opinion.

“I must say that was one of the gutsiest and thrilling stories I have read. With the touch of modern and classic fantasy, I think Rick Riordan just made the world of mythology even alive.”

Chandler clapped his hands and all of them followed. I wasn’t really satisfied with my answer but yeah at least it was done. My prof congratulated me for a job well done and discussed some topics like the Orion, Hercules, Jason, and even Odysseus and more.

That was fun not until she gave an assignment, “Write an essay about the topics we had. You can choose between those heroes and your essay must be composed of 500 words and above. Now, class dismissed.”

We walked down the corridor and then went to the cafeteria. I handed Chandler my bag and I went to get some water. I saw him walk towards and empty table and sat there. Our next class is in the afternoon so we’ve got a lot of time for some talk show maybe. We had our lunch together and talk about our plans for the Chem project. I knew he’s brilliant. Yes, he is. I wonder how could someone get the looks and the brain and awesomeness at the same time. He’s quite blessed. As we were heading to the quadrangle, we saw an announcement posted.