Chapter 22

"I'm so ready!" I shouted and went to the car.

Mom and Dad prepared many delicious foods: roasted chicken, pasta, steak and our favorite buttered shrimp. I can smell those and that made me hungrier. Aubrey took the Polaroid with her and sat next to me.

"Smile!" She said. Sometimes, I would just slap Aubrey in her face for taking pictures where she's the only cute and I look like a battered squash. She would look at it again and again and laugh at it and even show them to Mom and Dad.

Mom and Dad followed with some bags of groceries intended for the care takers of the rest house. They also brought clothes and bags for the kids there. they put all the things at the back and we headed to the beach.

Every person has a happy place and mine's the beach. I find comfort in the sands and the waves. Some may interpret beach as noisy but I find it music to my ears. Also the rain. I always love to hear the sound of the rain. All these forms of water, that holds a special place in my heart like the water holds a vital role in human life. 'Aqua Vitae.' Water is life. no matter how we address life, we can associate everything to a thing that correlates with us. The most important thing is life is how you see it and how you make it good.

As soon as we arrived at the beach, we went to the rest house and put the stuffs there. Mom and Dad gave those gifts to the care taker's family. Then we invited them to eat with us. They talked about their experiences which Mom and Dad happily listened. The kids went to talk to us. After eating, we did some photoshoot.

Aubrey is the best photographer in the world! She always makes me her model. (Yes, coz we never go out of style. Crdts Taylor Swift) Or maybe she's just fond of making fun of me. But she always captures the best photo of me. That candid smile, innocent eyes, she can put that in every angle. She is also so creative. I thought she's got all the skills, from acads to kitchen to practical to creativity, she got it all for you! (I just heard that jingle when we had our vacation in the Philippines. Thank me later SM)

"Hey Avery. Here, take a picture of Mom and Dad." I took the Polaroid and get some nice shots with Mom and Dad's anniversary getaway. I can see the love in their smiles, the way Dad hold Mom's hands and how he looks at her. Mom's so blessed for having Dad and vice versa.

"Yeah this is a nice angle, now Dad, please hold Mom's hands like the way you held it when you proposed to her." I suggested. "What if we reenact it, darling?" "Wow! That's great! Hold on! I'll turn the music on." Aubrey replied. And because I am the photographer/videographer, I did the amazing shots and angles and everything. Mom and Dad are so in love with each other and I knew that made them even stronger.

"Aubrey, Avery get over here! We'll take a family picture together." Dad called out. I hurried to them and stand next to Mom and Aubrey positioned next to Dad. Aubrey requested the rest house care taker to take the shot. Then Aubrey took a photo of us using her phone.

"Happy anniversary Dad and Mom! You two are the best!" Aubrey said.

"Yeah, we're the greatest team in the world!" I exclaimed. Mom and Dad laughed and hugged us.

"Yes, we really are. Now let's go and eat."

We ate and sang and played and swam that day. Even the care taker's family are delighted to see us like that. We even invited them to join us play hide and seek. Those little kids would always look for me. I'm their favorite target. We laughed and danced and sang in the moonlight.