Chapter 5

“AUDITION FOR GLEE CLUB IS HAPPENING TOMORROW AFTERNOON AT THE UNIVERSITY CONFERENCE HALL. WE’LL SEE YOU THERE! P.S: BRING YOUR OWN INSTRUMENT/ ACCOMPANIMENT.”

Chandler’s eyes widened. I knew it. I had a feeling he had this blood of a singer. He took a photo of the announcement and said, “What do you think is perfect to bring tomorrow?” He stared at me.

“Uh..yourself.” I was also surprised by what I said. Chandler laughed. Maybe he’s thinking I’m terrible at joking. “You gotta be kidding me.” Then he hummed a familiar song. It was Amnesia by 5SOS.

“I remember the day you told you were leaving. I remember the make-up running down your face. And the dreams you left behind, you didn’t need them. Like every single wish we ever made. I wish that I could wake up with amnesia and forget about those stupid little things…”

I can hear that song almost everywhere after the day it was released. That song really speaks the heartache of someone who suffers from it. It pours all the emotions anyone can hold. I could imagine the pieces of his own heart he is picking while singing that song. Such a masterpiece.

As we enter the room for the next class, I couldn’t help but think about what Chandler asked me earlier. I do not have any idea if he can play an instrument and if he does, what kind of instrument can he bring for the audition. I’m asking myself the question he asked me. After the History class, I hurried to him and gave him some advices (I don’t know if it was really one but I thought that could help.

“You gotta figure out where you excel the best. Bring yourself and all what you got tomorrow. Best of luck!”

I do not know what feed my mind those words. I smiled and walked to the gate. I can see his face turn red as a tomato. My badass brain summoned me to taunt him “That looks funny” but I decided not to tease him especially that time. yeah, I’m a nice good friend isn’t it?

“Now you suggest me to give myself a quiz bee about myself first. Thank you Aves. Now go home and do the essay, brilliant! HAHA.”

He even has the guts to taunt me in that rigid stage of his life. And he didn’t even bother to stop himself from calling me like a flock of birds or maybe if he’s quite serious he’s saying goodbye or hmmm Hail! Avery. Hehe that wasn’t funny.