Chapter 27

Mom and Dad arrived with chicken and fries. They knew Maggie's at home so they brought our favorite snack.

"Hello darling, now come get this and we'll eat together." Mom invited.

Mom and Dad treat Maggie as their daughter and our sibling which I am totally grateful of. Sometimes, we would also bring her to the rest house with her family which made us rally happy. She would call my mom and dad her mom and dad too and that was so sweet, so I also did that to hers.

I even posted our photo on my wall next to Aubrey and mine's photo at the beach.

We ate our dinner and I told them about my plans of playing again. At first, they hesitated to let me play but with Maggie with me (and her natural super powers of making any people say "Yes!") they agreed.

"Yes!" I cannot contain my happiness especially thinking of holding the ball and bat again, catching a fast pitch, swinging a 'balls' for no reason and diving instead of sliding. But part me is sad of the thought that I won't be playing with Maggie for the first time, we'll be opponents for the very first time in my ball life, practicing with strangers and even catching unfamiliar pitches.

"Hey, we'll be fine. We'll get used to that. You're still the best catcher I've known in my whole life." Maggie calmly said.

"And you're the best pitcher in the world and no one can ever make me change that." I hugged her and we laughed and wiped our tears.

One thing I am thankful in life is the friendship I had with Margarette. So pure, so full of love. I never saw that coming but I am thankful for every second of it. She's a blessing to me- being the shoulder to lean on, ears who listen and feet I can walk together with.

To all of you, some people comes into your life for two reasons, a lesson or a blessing. Whichever you are to those two, be the best anyone can ever have; because it's the memories they will cherish and the name they will surely remember. if you're a lesson, be the lesson that will lead them to the best version of themselves, not a lesson that will make them regret the choices they have made. If you're a blessing to someone, be the blessing that will make them pray harder to keep you, not a blessing that will ignite their pride and forget themselves.

If you have already met these two kinds of people in your life, do not hesitate to thank God for that grace. Remember the one who taught you the biggest lesson in your life- that was your last mistake. Remember the blessings you had in life- those were your chances. In life, we have different situations to overcome but with these essential persons who play different roles, life turns out to be one of the biggest game, a person can ever play.