Chapter 15

We started doing the background of the portrait we made. Chandler cut the papers and I printed different colors of things. It's he's idea that we'll make our project look like a mosaic. We'll brilliant! I don't even know he's an artist until now.

We were talking and laughing. He's wandering his eyes around the house. Maybe he's looking at the family picture displayed in the corner. And the photos we had when we went to Venice and Hong Kong. (I look hilarious there. With my bored bangs on fleek.) He even laughed at it.

"Woah! That's the Venice Grand Canal. You've been there! And look how cute you are." He praised. "Well yes. I was 12 that time. That's the trip I hated the most. I was kinda plane sick. So I stayed at the rest room and yeah you know." He laughed out loud. "Yeah like you vomited. Hahaha!" "Yeah, not so cool. But it was amazing. I love the swans there; they look very cute."

Aubrey served us her perfectly made pancakes with lots of chocolate syrup and her specialty, cucumber lemonade. I admired her for her lab skills and cooking skill. Where did she got that? "Hey, Chandler. This is Aubrey's specialty, the cucumber lemonade. Go taste it!"

"Yess I do love it!" That was Dad! I rose to my feet and hugged him. He looks tired yet he hugged me back and came to see Chandler. "Hey Dad, this is Chandler, my project partner. He's my friend." Chandler meet Dad's hands and they shake.

"Oh! So you should be the friend Avery's telling me about. So how's the audition?" Dad greeted him. How could he knew about the audition? Oh yeah, I told them so. Dad's fond of music.

Then enters Mom. I rushed to her and hugged her. "Oh, so you are the Chandler! Nice to meet you." Mom hugged him. "Uh, nice to meet you both Dr. Vargas. And about the audition, I just checked the University blogpost this morning, I was accepted." "Woah! You really did! I'm so proud of you!" "Well, congratulations!" Dad shook his hand and went to Aubrey.

"Look what we have here! Pancakes and cookies all made by Aubrey! That would be great. Hey Mom come here." Dad pick up some cookies and handed it to Mom. They're really sweet like they're just recently married. I handed Chandler a glass of cucumber lemonade and watch my sister and my parents interact at the kitchen. Dad would snatch Mom's cookie and Mom and Aubrey would run after him and catch him. They're really funny and very loud. I used to that kind of scene at home that's why I smile while watching them.

"They're always like that?" Chandler asked. Well to be honest, we are always like that. Even if Mom and Dad has a busy schedule in the hospital, they never waste any second when they're home.

"Uhmm. Yeah. Like always, always. Dad said they would always spend every second of their lives with us when they're home. They're afraid of losing time for us since they were very busy in the hospital. So that's how they make up and catch up with us." I watched the three hug each other. Then Chandler was silent. All I hear is he sipping the cucumber lemonade.

"Woow! So you will rock the Glee Club in the next few days? Weeks? Months?" I broke the silence. I wasn't sure if I offended Chandler for bringing up that story to him but I guess I did hurt him. I did not mean it. Chandler has a great parent, his Mom's a lawyer and his Dad's a teacher. But still, I do not want to mess up with Chandler.

"Uh. Yeah haha. That Little Things hooked up their brains! Here look." He showed me his screenshot of the said post. I saw his name on the second. Wow! He really did great. "Yeah! You're on the top 2. Wow! Just wow!" "I know right. And you're going to treat me."

I frowned. "I never said anything about treating you Mister. In fact, aren't you the one to treat me? Coz you've been accepted in the Glee Club!" I insisted. Obviously I used my super charmspeaking powers on him so that I could make him agree with my deal. "Okay, okay. Now hurry and finfish this project. We'll go out tonight."