Chapter 31

(A big thanks for the support everyone! Lots of love!)

"She...uh. She's my mother." Broken and full of pain, his cold voice sang for the falling leaves and murmuring clouds above as if they're all going through the same thing together. I did not understand why he's sad about that.

"What happened?" Sometimes, there are no other thing to ease your feelings but to let go of all the what ifs, almosts and why's in your life. I can feel he's holding back all the answers to my queries but I hold his hand to make him feel that I am listening.

"It happened when I was 10. Dad and I went home from school early to surprise my Mom for their anniversary. Dad loves to surprise her. But you know what, Dad got surprised instead. We saw Mom, naked with a man I didn't know, sleeping in the very bed of our house. I did not know what to do that time. I froze. Dad froze. And we both cried."

I never saw Chandler being that vulnerable until this day. I don't know how to respond either. I hugged him and tapped his shoulder. I can feel the warm tears falling from his beautiful eyes.

"It's okay. I'm here. I always will." He's breaking down and I am nowhere in nowhere of trying how to calm him down. I made him feel that there's someone listening to him.

"Hey, Chandler!" A voice from afar called out. I don't know who he is but I know Chandler does. He wiped his tears and fixed himself together. He looked at the guy who called him and smiled lightly.

"Daniaal." He walked towards him and shook his hands.

"How are you? How's school?" The said Daniaal asked him. I think I knew this name. I knew it but I am not really sure if I am right.

"I'm fine. Oh, school's fine. I'm with my friend Avery. There she is." I walked towards them and smiled to the guy.

He is tall, has a cute face and brown eyes. I know now. I have a hint.

"Hi there, pretty. I'm Daniaal Malik. Chandler's my friend since birth."

Woah! I know! How could I  be so lucky! Chandler didn't mention about his friend, Daniaal for once. Maybe he's so private and since he's a relative of a celebrity, my baby boy, Zayn Malik.

"Woah. Like you're Zayn Malik's cousin, right?" I couldn't hide my excitement that time.

"Well, yes. I am."