Chapter 16

We're going out! We're going out!

Those words resounded my little brain. As soon as I finished doing the project, I hurried to my room and put it there. I saw Chandler arrange the things in the sala and even clean the mess I left (What a good boy).

Mom called us for lunch and we rushed to the dining. I sat next to Mom and Chandler sat next to Dad. They talked and laughed at the same time.

"This steak is great." Chandler exclaimed. He's absolutely right. That was one of my favorite dishes cooked by Mom.

"My wife cooked that dish Chandler. She's got a magic in her hands." Mom pinched Dad in his cheeks. I can tell Dad is really in love with Mom.

"Yes, honey. I do the cooking most of the time. Sometimes, Aubrey. Here, take some of Aubrey's salad. "I would love that." And cheerfully, he put not so large amount of salad in his plate. He's really excited.

"Uh, Doc..." Both Mom and Dad looked at him. "Uh, I just..want to ask if Avery and I could go out tonight."

Mom and Dad looked at each other like as if they're doing some sign languages on who would answer Chandler first. Dad speak first.

"Ohh. That sounds great. You have your driver's license don't you?" I saw Dad's eyes meet Mom's. Chandler delightedly smiled. "Uhm, yes Sir..uh Doc. Uh here." He showed Dad his wallet. Dad was satisfied by his actions that he didn't reach for Chandler's wallet.

"Okay, well it's a yes." Mom said calmly. (Yes, CALMLY. As in super calm, unlike Dumbledore asking Harry Potter if he put his name on the Goblet of Fire. And yes, I'm a Potterhead.)

Chandler and I cheered. "But you must be home before 11, young lady. And Chandler, drive safely. You two understand?" "Yesss!" We both answered.

"How did you do that?" I asked him while walking upstairs. I wanna show him our mini library.

"Do what?" He's a bit confused. I saw that question on his face then I giggled. "That thing earlier. You just made Mom and Dad said yes just a few moments. Sometimes, when I ask permission to them, I would always do that one week ahead of the event. If not, then it's a 'NO'." He just smiled.

"Just charm." He simply said. What a jerk! Even more proud of himself! Yes, I can tell how charming he is, being chased by some other girls in the campus, yeah. Totally charming. I can't take his boastfulness so I walked fast.

I opened the door and Chandler hurried to see what's inside.

"Woah! You've got a lot of stuff here. You don't need to borrow books from the library." I can totally agree. I sat down the rocking chair and watch him wander. He even picked 'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparks. Yes, he's one of the greatest author I've known in my whole life. Then there's J.K Rowling, J.R.R Tolkien, Rick Riordan, John Green, Stephen Kings and many more.