Chapter 8

I look at my watch and it's 1 hour before the audition. "So tell me what are you gonna sing later." I asked. He smiled and strummed his guitar. "A song." He answered. "Of course a song! Now what song is this?" I giggled. "You'll find out later."

I didn't protest anymore. I don't want to ruin the tempo. I am pretty...sure he'll be rocking the stage later. (Though I meant it as 'I am really pretty').

He opened the door for me and finds us a seat. There were many aspiring students who wanted to join the Glee Club. I saw a blonde girl playing a violin, boys rehearsing their audition pieces, black girl and white guy playing the piano and some also playing flute. That was nice. And then there was a curly guy named Chandler sitting pretty at his seat as if he has no audition joining at. He's very calm and literally calm because he's not doing anything, not even holding his guitar because I did it for him. I look like I'm his PA. What a scrub face!

"You good?" he asked me. He is as calm as a worm. "I think I'm the one asking you that. Oh, I'm good. Aren't you supposed to be rehearsing?" "Yeah, I am." Still calmly, he gazed at the window. Can't say more. I just prayed he's as good as he thinks he is right now.

The audition started. He got his number. 14. Lucky he is. That is also Louis Tomlinson's favorite number. I opened my phone and took a candid photo of him holding his number and his guitar. I did not tell him though. I thought I can use them in the future. (Just like your screenshots. Haha!)

The first to perform is the guy playing the flute. He plays 'My Heart Will Go On' of course from the movie Titanic. It was really good. He even played some video clip of the movie itself. Aww that was so emotional. Full of emotions. I bet he will be accepted. He can be a star someday. He even received a standing ovation to some spectators.

"That guy was a blast! He really poured all his emotions to the song. Wonderful." I commented. Chandler just smiled and put his attention to the other performers.

The next performers sang a hit by A1, 'Like a Rose' and other sang 'Fireflies' by Owl City. That song really gives me chills until now.

Some played different instruments: piano, ukulele, flute, guitar, violin and even cello. There are so many talented youngsters here in the University.

"14, prepare." That was the signal. Chandler smiled and rose to his feet. "Rock on!" I said and smiled at him. He gave me an approve look like winking his beautiful blue eyes and then proceeded to the backstage. I got my phone and I decided to take a video of him singing.

A few minutes later, I saw him in front, sitting in a chair with his guitar on his lap. I started to take a video of him.

"Good afternoon everyone. I am Chandler Arquiza and I'm gonna sing Little Things by One Direction."

I froze. Did I just heard he's gonna sing Little Things? He began strumming his guitar. I saw Niall Horan strum beautifully. I saw the angelic face of Liam Payne and the hot Zayn Malik. I can clearly see Harry Styles with his bandana wrapping his cute curls and the adorable Louis Tomlinson with his sparkling eyes. I saw the five bright stars all in one torch. I saw One Direction inside Chandler Arquiza.

I do not know what I felt that moment. I was overwhelmed because the scrub face is singing a One Direction song and confused because I do not know why.

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me. But bear this in mind it was meant to be." His Zayn Malik- like voice just filled almost every corner of the conference hall. Every girl in the corner held their phone and even steal a picture of Chandler singing one of my favorite songs. His voice is so romantic. I cannot deny it.