Chapter 28

"What does that mean to have good life? Is it all about having all the wealth and riches of the world? Is it owning the sky-embracing towers and eye-luring building in the city? Or is it getting the lime-light and gaining the branding and fame and popularity across the horizons?"

Professor Lackson Marcotto addressed this philosophically-oriented opening message in our Philosophy Class.

I'm always in awe with Mr. Marcotto's words of wisdom especially when it comes to life. He would always address that we run our own fate, we make our own decisions, we choose our own choices and that is how it is. We should not put the blame on anybody when we fail; we should not see other people's hand responsible for all the bad decisions we decided to make; and most of all, we should not run our own fate to someone's feet because we, ourselves are the one responsible for it.

Also we cannot blame the Gods for whatever malfunction, unwanted happenings, bad things happening just because of our own choices. They just do the guide thread for us to abide; like the fixed point of morality and the Ten Commandments, after those two, no more. We were given the free will, that enables us to make our own path to follow.

"Welcome to Aristotle's Philosophy, now you may read his works, his philosophy and all in this textbook which can be found in the library. Now may I give you this homework which you will pass next week since I've got an out-of-town seminar starting tomorrow. Write an essay about "Aristotle's Eudaimonia" with minimum of 1000 words. That's fair enough, I know you've got enough reflection about this matter."

That's what I like about Mr. Malcotto, he's always out. I chugged Chandler's shoulder and walked outside. I looked back and saw no sign of Chandler behind me. "That's so silly." I saw an empty bench and sat on it and waiting for Chandler. After five minutes, I saw him approaching but with someone- a girl.

"Hey, uh. So Avery, this is the Captain of the Softball Team of our Department. She's..." He uttered and failed to remember what's the name of the lady beside him.

"Caroline. Hello" The lady greeted. "So, uh... Your friend told me that you play softball and we need a lot of players for this years School Games. You can join us!" She invited.

At first, I was hesitant. I never wanted to play with new members of the team- where you can't crack your jokes, can't sing along, can't talk about some things. But I promise Maggie that I will play.

"Uh. Yeah, sure. When will be the training?" I humbly asked which made the lady smile.

"Hmmm. So the Game is a week away from now, we're gonna start this afternoon at the school field." She answered.

She's kinda strict but I knew that is how a captain should be. "Okay then. I'll see you there." I replied and she thanked Chandler and went to her class.

"Yo! Yow! Someone's gonna swing the bat for school games!" Chandler celebrated. I smiled and pinched his arms.

"Kinda nervous. I'm not used to other people's pitch." I worriedly stated.

But Chandler just gave me his cute smile and said, "you've got this! You're a great athlete. And besides, I'm gonna support you!" He insisted.

Awww! That was so sweet.

"Come on! Wanna show you something." He invited. So I walked with him and boom! We're gonna go somewhere again!