Chapter 1

Healed

All rights reserved

©️ Emrys Noah 2020

Betty's POV

I sat front row by myself . The service of my brother's funeral had started . My oxygen mask remained fixed on my nose and the tube laid on my short black dress. My fucking parents didn't even show. Assholes.

I watched as everything proceeded in the service . I looked around me and watched as everyone new person that entered looked at me with sad pity in their eyes . I turned to the row that was made up of generally people from school. I looked at my bestie and I saw her smacking her brother. Her brother. She still had a fucking brother , mine was gone . I looked away with tears in my eyes . Putting a stray hair behind my ear, my gaze landed on Benedict's picture which was hung on the altar next to his coffin. A sob wrecked within me . I analysed the picture . I took the picture of him . I remembered that day . I was reluctant to take it and he ended up making me smile .

Great! Now I'm going to cry more.

I felt my throat close as tears filled my eyes once more . I felt a weight on my chest . After listening to that voice note, I felt really guilty. I tuned back in to the service . People were talking about him , giving speeches. I tuned back out. Soon enough it was my turn . All eyes were on me . My eyes met Mae's , she gave me the most pathetic look. I looked away and linked eyes with Archer. He remained emotionless .

I stood up and started to walk . I stopped when my sneaker squeaked across the hardwood floor. I snapped my head to the side to face Archer but he was looking at Venus , kissing their intertwined hands. I carried my oxygen mask with me and shuddered as I neared the altar with my brother's coffin. I finally made it to the altar . I stood there visibly shaking . I took deep breaths and adjusted my mask. I looked at everyone's expectant faces . I looked at the empty spaces where my parents were meant to be in.

"Why me?" I whispered as I fell to my knees . Mae rushed to my side . I broke into sobs and started to cry hysterically. "Mae , leave me , I'm fine!"

"I'm basically part of the reason my brother committed suicide . You are . We all are . The fucking cowards I call my parents left us. Left him. You know what. Fuck you! Wherever you are! Fuck you motherfuckers!" I was cut short when Mae kept her hand on my mouth to keep me shut . "This is a church , Betilla."

"My brother is dead! He's fucking dead and there's nothing I can do about it. You still have your cheat of a brother." I noticed the way her facial expression changed . Mae pulled me away from the altar . I looked at everyone's faces and saw nothing but pity. I sat back down reluctantly. I started to mumble the lyrics of the song above .

"Take me home. It's the one place I can rest in peace" I tapped my knee. "Turn off my phone. So many messages I wish I could just delete"

"Questioning my existence . Burning down all the bridges. Now I'm finished." I wiped tears furiously away from my eyes.

"Sorry don't want you to visit, no, no . One last pic and I'll be gone . Make it count. Never really felt like I belonged."

So I'll be on my way. And I won't be long. I'll be dead by dawn." I whispered. I looked at the ground till the service is over . It finally ended when I finally asked Mae.

"Is my brother dead?"

An

Hey. First chapter!!!! More coming soon. Hold up , can we switch the language?