Chapter 6

Healed

All rights reserved

©️ Emrys Noah

Betilla's POV

I sat back down and read his message over and over again. It wasn't much but it seemed enough. I rubbed my head as I felt sleepy . Sigh. I trudged up to my room and rid myself of any clothing . I moaned as I felt the softness of my sheets as I laid there. I was so exhausted. I finally got comfortable .

My thoughts drifted to Archer. He didn't look at me after that. And then out of nowhere he sent me a text telling me that he cared . Where was that care when I was in hospital?
Sigh. He is really confusing . I don't know why I kissed him in the first place . Wait, why did I even care about him? Fuck.

I checked my phone and saw my reminder .

Meeting with Police after school

Fuck. I jumped out of bed . I dashed to my closet to choose an outfit . I frowned when I got nothing. I looked around and saw a plain shirt . I paired it with washed off jeans . I got my slides on and I went downstairs to the driveway. I drove to the station and hurriedly parked in their parking lot . I checked the time . Shit, I was over an hour late.

I walked into the station with the most tired look one can ever have. I looked around me for the police officer that investigated me yesterday . I turned and found him talking to a female police officer. I tried to signal to him that I was waiting. So far he didn't really notice me. I looked ahead of me and saw the time.

I sighed as I walked up to meet him . He widened his eyes as if he were shocked to see me . I rose an eyebrow. Rubbing my hand , I said. "Sorry I'm late . I lost track of time."

He smiled ." Don't worry . It's fine although the case is closed already." I frowned . "What do you mean?"

"Your parents called to close the case permanently. They didn't want to elongate things . Most importantly, they didn't want you to go to trial." He explained. I squeezed my hands into fists. I looked at the floor as I mumbled . "Oh ok. Thanks for your time . Have a productive day." I started to walk away but he called out .

"Take care Betilla. No one deserves to go through this." He said with a sly smile. I trudged myself back home . A lot of thoughts were racing my head and I ended up having an headache. I felt as if the ache got worse when I realised that I had school the next day. Just kill me already!

My mind went to one person in particular. I was looking forward to seeing him the next day.

I cursed myself for not sleeping earlier. I raced into my bathroom and taking a quick shower then I wore the clothes I picked out last night . I grabbed my book bag and also took an apple then I got on the road to school . I had three minutes to spare as I parked in the parking lot. I looked out of my window and saw the parking lot almost empty. I rushed into the school and made it in time for homeroom. I sighed as I placed my things on my desk and sat down . I pulled my hair back . I was starting to sweat. Ewwww. I quickly aired myself.

I paid zero attention in that period . Fortunately, it went by fast. Students started to leave. I started to pack my things too. Then I noticed my shoelace was untied . Sigh. I took my time to tie them into perfect bows. I heard someone heaving. I scrunched my eyebrows together. I looked up and saw a guy throwing up in the waste bin. I cringed .

"Um hey." I said as I stood up to walk to the person. "Are you alright?"

He didn't answer as he vomited again. "I am absolutely amazing!" A familiar voice said out of breath . My eyes widened as I saw that it was Archer. He stumbled and staggered. Slumping himself on the nearest wall with his hand on his stomach. "Although I could really use a power nap and an iced coffee." He said with sarcasm dripping all around his words.

I rushed to him but he held his hand out . He was about to say something but he threw up again. To be honest , I was super grossed out. But still , I rushed to him and rubbed his back as he threw up . "Fuck!" He exclaimed when he saw the vomit.

"I'm passing out now . Perfect bows by the way." He said in a hoarse voice .

What the fuck just happened?

An

What do you think happened to Archer? Who knows . He might have COVID. Idk

Vote and comment

Stay safe!