Chapter 14

Okay so I've kinda lost confidence in myself . No one's reading anymore. I know you probably skipped this. Idk what I'm doing wrong . Now all I feel is loneliness . As far I'm concerned , I'm writing this for myself cuz I haven't had any support from you guys and that really hurts . With time , I guess.

Betilla's POV

I dreaded the next day at school . I've decided to get oxygen therapy before I go to school now instead of after school. So I was on my way to the hospital when I drove past school and I sighed . Generally I was tired . I wish we didn't have to breathe to live. I would be probably better off without having a fucking oxygen therapy.

I walked into the sadly familiar building. I went to my ward and got started to get this over with. I picked tube today. I laid down as thoughts ran through my head . What if I was the one that died? Would life have been easier for Benedict?

What if I didn't like Archer? What if I always did? His figure . His alluring voice . His sarcasm . His Humor. His face. His eyes . His lips. Fuck! I knew I shouldn't be having these feelings . He was with another girl . He loves her. He can never love me. Although, all his texts show that he's interested. He must just be playing with me . Only one way to find out.

I whipped out my phone and sent a text to him . I never thought I could do it .

Archer, hey.

I sighed as the iMessage went and got delivered. He read it instantly. He started to type something but then stopped . I felt my heart fall as he never replied . Of course, he won't reply . Why the fuck do I think he would reply?

After feeling down, my therapy was done. I got my book bag and started to drive to school . I got to school in time for homeroom. I parked and started to get out of the car and I walked into the school.

Now I'm going do that weird voiceover. My parents left for UK again. I didn't mind . They were acting different. Voiceover off.

I took my seat in one of the far ends of the class . I looked around me for someone in particular and also for Mae . I had really drifted apart from her. I saw her close by laughing with some girl like she had known her for years . Of course I was kinda jealous so I decided to text her .

Hey Mae. Where you at?

She felt her phone buzz and she looked at the notification but she didn't bother to open it . I watched with open eyes as she downright ignored me . I could tell she didn't care anymore. I felt tears form in my eyes. The teacher came in and homeroom started . I didn't even look up when Archer came in. Yes , I was really hurt .

Homeroom ended and I had chemistry next. Sigh . It was practical week. I walked to the new chemistry lab cause yes a student died in that one . My brother . I walked into the lab and greeted the lab attendant . I could swear I heard him snicker. Curse you.

I geared up . Putting on my lab coat and my goggles, I picked a seat. The teacher walked in shortly . He started.

"Good day students and welcome to the new chemistry lab. The last one has been abandoned because of the incident that happened." He looked at me with beady eyes . I could swear every one was waiting for my reaction. A short sigh escaped my lips. Then the class went dead silent.

"Back to pressing matters, yes in fact this is a practical class. I'm going to be pairing all of you and you work on quantitative analysis of salts." I felt my soul drop when I heard that we were going to be paired .

So he called half of the class out to pick out of a bowl with the names of the seated classmates. It was kinda like a raffle draw. I don't know . I was among those that got called out . As I walked , I heard the occasional snickers and muttering.

I was the last to pick so I picked the last one in the bowl . I didn't open it yet then I looked at those I could be paired with . My eyes stopped when I saw that Archer was in this class. I could feel my heart pounding in my ears . I looked down at the person who I had picked and I saw his name . I could almost jump for joy . I felt his heavy gaze on me . I looked up to meet his eyes but he looked away sharply .

"Okay , now go to your assigned partner and get test tubes to use to dilute the unknown salts." The teacher announced. I could almost imagine myself tripping as I walked to Archer . I stood in front of out table and looked up at him . I frowned when I heard him mutter .

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I looked away from him but I heard nothing from him again. I looked back at him to see him gone . I sighed and went to get my test tube. I saw Archer heading towards me with a free one and he reached out to give me . I don't know how it happened but it fell out of my hands and almost broke if I didn't catch it in time .

I looked around me and saw everyone staring . I put my head down and went to seat next to him . We had three salt samples in front of us . I started with sample A.

I grabbed the tiny spatula and didn't know how to pour it in the test tube. I guess Archer noticed my disability to do so .

"Not like that nimrod." He muttered to me . He held my hands in his as he demonstrated how to do it but I didn't look at it . I looked at him . I wanted to be closer to him . I could feel his hot breath on my face for that short period of time . He pulled away and he said . "Try it like that." I blinked at him , not knowing what the fuck to do.

An

I'm not even gonna bother . You're not gonna read it anyway.

Nevertheless, I'm still nice .

Stay safe and have a productive day!