Chapter 21

Betilla's POV

I got down slowly and closed the door behind me . I looked at him and asked . "What are you doing?" He was just standing there picking at his nails. He looked up at me and I could have lost my balance there . I can't ever get used to his eyes . But then I saw the mocking smirk he had . I knew . I knew he was about to say something sarcastic.

"Oh nothing, just wondering when you were going to run me over." He said with his alluring voice , turning away. He turned back to look at me as he added. "Don't worry, I'll wait." He was really sarcastic! I fumed . He burst into laughter after seeing my face . But then his laughter died down. He looked at me with an emotionless stare .

"You could've died. Again." I muttered . His face fell when he knew what I was getting at.  He sighed and moved towards me . I watched him . He stood in front of me and looked down on me . Did I mention that he was tall?

I looked up at him, he opened his mouth to talk. But then he stopped . I cut to the chase . "Archer, I think we need to talk." He looked away from me and nodded. "You look tired." He pointed out. I looked at myself and muttered .

"I guess , sleeping in my car isn't as comfortable as I thought it would be." He looked down at me again and ran his hands on his face . He was about to say something but he held himself back . He always did that . "Why are you in the hospital? What happened to your hand?"

"It's none of your business." He said and started to walk away . I ran after him . "It is MY business Archer!" I yelled . He stopped . "It has always been my business. Isn't it obvious now that I care for you?" I added. He kept on walking. I looked down and felt anger .

"You're such a Dick!" I yelled after him , earning few stares from those in the parking lot. He turned back to look at me and said . "That was just uncalled for." Sigh.

"Archer wait!" I was trying so hard to stop him from leaving . He looked up and groaned visibly before turning to face me . "What is it?" He looked at me with a serious expression and all the words left my mouth . I couldn't think of anything to say . Shit. He rose an eyebrow at me , getting tired of my games already. Double shit.

"Bloody hell!" He says with his British accent and walks away in frustration. I had really did it this time . I face palmed myself as I walked back to my car and started my journey to go to my empty house . I needed a long hot shower and a good sleep.

I walked in to the house and placed an order for coffee at Dunkin' to be delivered tomorrow. I got into my bathroom and ran down the hot water on my body and I sighed as I felt the warmth it brought . After a satisfactory shower, I got into comfy clothes and under my duvet . I was feeling sleepy already but instead I was looking at my phone waiting for him to text . Part of me knew that he couldn't but that hopefully part just didn't give up . Pity . I slept on it .

An

I know this isn't much . Sigh. I'm tired . Schools a bitch . Check out the tag fest in Fractured✔️ . It's legitimate . Byeeeee. I'm sleepy