Chapter 5

Healed

All rights reserved

©️ Emrys Noah

Archer's POV

After that beautiful memorial at school for Benedict , something changed in me. I couldn't pin point what it was.

It made me send a text to Betilla.

Currently I was home with Venus, pestering me as usual. I laid on the couch in my living room . Parents were stuck at work . Venus sat on the end of the couch . She was on her phone . I was scrolling through the films new on Netflix . I had a lot to choose from.

"Babe, let's go out." Her voice announced . "Pass." I deadpanned. She stood up and stayed in front of me . I sat up because she was blocking my view . She stood in between my legs . I ignored her as I kept on scrolling Netflix. I stopped when I felt her hands in my hair . I looked up at her and held eye contact for a while . She looked into my colourful orbs as her lips parted .

"Why should I go?" I finally muttered , my gaze on her lips . She puckered her lips before she replied . "I want more hoodies. And I want ice cream." I rolled my eyes.
"There's ice cream in the pantry. You can take some of my hoodies ." She frowned.

"Could you get me a drink from the kitchen then?" I said finally . I saw a film that caught my eye.

Get even.

She walks in as soon I started to watch the trailer . I gave her a kiss on the cheek as I started to watch the trailer . I opened the drink and took a sip . I focused back on the trailer. A few seconds passed . I looked back at her and saw her scowling at me . "What?" I asked her.

"You said you were going." She mumbles . I laughed and paused the trailer. "I never said that . I just asked if you could get me a drink from the fridge ." She frowned and flipped me off then she slumped back on the couch . I faced her .

"Don't frown." I muttered , frowning too. She ignored me ." Fine I'll go." I said with gritted teeth. I got up to get my shades . I don't know why but I think I've gotten used to less lights because I always have my hood on. So now , I can't have to much light into my eye. Sigh

I got in my car and I see her smiling at me from the passenger side . I reached for her hand as I pulled out of my driveway. She gave me a kiss on the cheek as I drove to the mall.

Surprisingly, the mall was kinda quiet . Considering it was a school day . I walked into Atmosphere. I went to the men's section. Venus was still holding my hand. She rushed when she saw a hoodie she liked .

"Archer , get this one. I would love to steal this from you." I rolled my eyes as I picked it . She picked more things and she made me laugh when she made fun of other shoppers . I ended up enjoying the shopping. Then it was time . We went to the female's section . Every ounce of interest left my soul . I put in my bored face and stared at her as she decided between which shade of pink she wanted for a tee shirt.

For fucks sake, they were all the same colour!

"Babe , fucking pick one already." I whined . She glared at me . I walked away from her and saw a tie and dye hoodie and I thought she would like it so I picked it . I got back to her and saw her deciding on which shade of grey she wanted . What the actual fuck?

I grabbed the one closest to me and pulled her to the payment section. "I was about to choose the other one ." She whined ." Too late ." I muttered . She frowned . I stopped " Go back and no ice cream for you ." She looked at the ground and and walked ahead of me to the payment section. She cashed out her things and I paid for both of us . As the gentleman I am.

"Now , ice cream!!" She squealed . I groaned internally as we neared the ice cream parlour in the mall . She got whatever she wanted . I wasn't really in the mood for ice cream so I asked for a snicker bar instead . I went on my phone then looked back at her . I noticed how pretty she was . She looked so calm and less annoying . I tilted my head as I watched her . Then she ruined it by opening her big mouth.

"I wanted to get the other one Archer." She said frowning. "Keep frowning at that rate . You'll get wrinkles sooner than you can say 'me'." I retorted . She gasped . The. She went full British on me .

"I can't believe you said that!" She exclaimed. I scoffed . "Come on let's go. I'm sick of this place already." I said standing up . I carried both our bags while Venus went ahead of me on her phone. The things I do for love .

I landed on the couch with a loud thud . Venus was staying the night . I hadn't unpacked what we bought . Surprisingly I was really tired . I let out a big sigh as I felt Venus cuddle into my side .

"Let's go your bed Archer." She said and helped me up .

I don't know why but I was really tired . My eyes felt really heavy and my body ached . I felt Venus kiss my cheek as she snuggled into my side . "I'll wake you when your parents come home ." She muttered to me.

I didn't reply . I lost consciousness.

An

What's wrong with my baby!!?!? Archer? How was it ? Yup , it's shocking but I updated early this time . I'll try to keep up the good work . Stay safe .

Have a productive day!