Chapter 23

Betilla's POV

No words were uttered between us for a while. We just sat there in that awkward silence. I sighed internally. I actually wanted to kiss him again. It felt so right. Until I was up in the air and away from him. Although, he's strong to be able to fling me like that.

As if snapping out of a trance, he stood up from his bed and he walked towards me. I looked up at him in confusion. He held my face with his cold fingers and ran his thumb over my lips. Trust me, you don't want to know what was racing through my mind at that moment. He tilted his head and watched me intently.

"You still don't know how to kiss." He deadpanned. Who the fuck says that to a girl? I frowned and licked my lips. I was still flushed from the little moment we just had. He walked away from me, obviously needing some distance between us. I sighed and followed him. He rose his eyebrow at me.

"Time for you to question me," I mumbled. He paused for a second and then sported a sly grin on his face. He looked down to think of a question. I bit my nails anxiously. I could feel my heartbeat rising.

"Is it because of my eyes?" He said finally and looked me directly in the eye. I stared back into his and I could feel myself giving in to his allure. I looked away from him instantly and sighed. "To be honest Archer, I don't think it's because of your eyes."

He rose his perfectly trimmed eyebrows at me and that made me think. Did he shape them every morning? Hehe. I imagined him in front of his mirror, using tweezers on a bushy eyebrow. I burst out in laughter. He most certainly did not expect that and that made me laugh even more. Hehe.

After my laughter died down, I could feel him glaring at me as he put on his hoodie. It was getting colder. I looked down at my outfit and sighed. I was going to feel the cold soon. I looked at him and he had his hood on already looking deep in thought. I hate situations like this. I walked to him and stood there. I grabbed his face in my hands and tilted it to face me. I looked at his parted lips and I wanted to kiss him again but I knew he wouldn't want it and he was still with Venus. Shit, Venus!!!

"Can I get a hoodie? I'm cold." I rushed out still holding his face in my hands. He brought his fingers to mine and curled them around mine. I was about to smile at the gesture when he pried them off his face. I could feel my heart drop. It was really obvious, he doesn't feel anything for me. 

No words were uttered between us once more as he fetched a hoodie for me. I sighed as I took my hair up in a ponytail. I managed to pull off a messy bun and I sat at the edge of the bed wondering what was taking him so long to pick a hoodie. I turned to face his large window to see that the sun was setting already. It was beautifully cliche'

 "I like your hair better down." I heard him mutter behind me also startling me. This guy was awfully bipolar.

I felt his fingers crawl into my hair and yanks the band off letting my hair flow freely down. I turned to face him and he held the hoodie I admired in his hand. The tie and dye one. I grabbed it and I squeezed it to myself. Then it hit me, it smelt of Venus. Way to spoil the mood. Nevertheless, I put it on and played with my hair. I reached for my phone and checked the time. The sun had set already. 

"Archer, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kiss you. Again. I know you have a girlfriend and it's wrong of me to do that. Look, I won't do it again. I mean, now you know that I have feelings for you but-"

"Venus and I have broken up." He deadpanned. I couldn't process it. "What did you just say?" I mumbled. "Wait why? You guys looked good together!" I said even though it was hurting me. But no doubt, I was happy they were not together again. But I couldn't show it. I didn't know what to do anymore. I just sat down on his bed in thought. If he liked me, why wasn't he telling me? Maybe because he doesn't. I didn't know what to say or feel anymore. 

I stood up still in shock and I ran my hands down on my face. "Archer, I know you must feel that I'm happy. But I never wanted you guys to break up because of me." I played with my fingers. "You know, she never really liked me from the start, and I don't want her to hate me more. Just please tell me you didn't end things with her because of me."

All of a sudden, I felt his hands curl from behind around my waist and he rested his head on my shoulder. Is he.... hugging me?

"I didn't break up with her because of you, she broke up with me because of you." He muttered in my ear. I turned around in his loose grasp around my waist and looked up at him. Then it came.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Make up your damn mind. One minute, you act like you care and love me, and the next you despise me. I can't keep up with these mixed feelings of yours. Stop breaking me!" I yelled at him and his facade cracked a bit and I could see that he was hurt by my words but I didn't care anymore.

Word count: 1000

Amy_Blood6670 I know I haven't been the best of a friend. I've been really busy.