Chapter 8

Healed

All rights reserved

©️ Emrys Noah

Betilla's POV

The next day at school, Archer didn't show up. I couldn't exactly meet Venus and ask of him. Especially after she warned me. Fuck that shit.

I paid attention during classes because I had to up my game. Exams were coming up. I've fallen behind in my studies and I don't need any distraction. Sigh. I headed for the library after school had ended to get some books. Then it hit me. We did our project here. Sigh. When he didn't hate me.

I grabbed the books I needed and headed home. To my empty house, my parents were coming in on Saturday. Odd. I have oxygen therapy after school tomorrow. I'm supposed to be wearing nose masks because I can't be carrying an oxygen tank about. I haven't been doing so.

I changed course and headed for the hospital instead. I decided to just do it today instead of tomorrow. I walked into the familiar building and I went to my ward. I checked in and sat down. I waited for the nurse to attend to me. She came in minutes later.

"Which one appeals to you today?" She asked. "Tube or mask?"

"Mask,"I replied. She placed the mask on my face and turned the oxygen tank on. "I'll be back in 30 minutes." She said. I nodded and took a picture. I captioned it

I can't see the air I breathe

I sighed as I put it on my insta story. I decided to take a nap. But it was short-lived when I felt someone tapping me. "Betilla, wake up! It's been an hour." The nurse said. I frowned. I took off the mask and I wished her a good day as I took my leave.

I looked into the wards as I made my way out of the hospital. I passed the check-out section. But something caught my eye. Or someone.

I approached the person and tapped his shoulder. Turns out, I was hallucinating. Because that wasn't Archer. I don't know but I wanted to see him. I made my way to the parking lot and opened my car then I saw him entering his own car. I don't know why but I went to meet him.

His shades were on. He looked surprised to see me. "Fancy meeting you here." He voiced out. With a sly smirk, he pulled out his shades. Squeezing his eyes because of the light.

"What are you doing here? And why weren't you in school?"

"It looks like I've got myself a stalker ." He said sarcastically as he ran his hands through his hair. "What would someone come to do in a hospital? What did you come for?"

I looked down as I felt like an idiot.

"Betty, I'm sick." He said. There he goes with the nickname I've grown to like. "You're sick?" I asked mumbling. He looked at me for a long time. "Yes, I'm sick. I'm fucking sick!" He spat. I flinched. He sighed and looked at me with his colorful orbs. I noticed that he was comfortable with me seeing them. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with me seeing them.

I looked down and for a while, no words were exchanged between us. Talk about awkward! I looked back up at him and saw him on his phone. On Instagram. Viewing my story. "You came for oxygen therapy." He deadpanned. I nodded pulling my hair back.

Tch

He got in his car and drove away. Talk about rude! I stomped to my car feeling really stupid for going to meet him. Not long, I received a text from him. He had a thing for texting me what he couldn't say himself.

"No one does, Betty."

I could feel my heart getting excited. I didn't know what he was starting. He was in a relationship. Was he into me? Fuck love it's all a lie. He can't be into me. He hates me. I didn't reply. I was getting better. It was becoming easier living without my brother. I guess you could say that I was moving on.

For the rest of the school week, I tried my best to ignore the fluttering when I see him. I tried to spend more time with Mae and I did. I felt like we were drifting apart. Although, I didn't know what to do about my growing feelings for him.

On the last day of school that week, the school administration announced something over the PA.

Students, there will be a movie night holding here tomorrow. Be sure to get your late-night snacks as this is a night of fun. Dress cozy. Get back to class!

Immediately, I knew I had to go. I couldn't miss any opportunity to see him. I don't know why but it's happening. I was talking with Mae by my locker when I saw them pass. We had just agreed to go for the movie night together tomorrow night. I excused myself and went up to meet Archer and Venus.

"Hey, guys! Venus, you look lovely as usual." I complimented. She opened her mouth to reply but Archer cut her off and replied sarcastically. "I'm blushing."

"Ok, fine quit the bullshit. Are you guys coming for the movie night?" I asked lazily.

Venus replied quickly. Holding his hand, she replies. "We're undecided ." And they strutted away. I went back to meet Mae and she questioned me.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I smiled knowing who it was already.

"I would blush for you btw. Only you."

I was becoming a mess for him.

An

Is that love I see? Finally, their love is blossoming!!! Yay! I'm so excited. Thanks for reading. Stay safe and have a productive day!

Don't forget to click the little star and let it glow!!!!!!