Chapter 7

Healed

All rights reserved

©️ Emrys Noah

Archer's POV

I woke up to my aching body. I groaned as I tried to move my limbs . It felt like I climbed Mount Everest a thousand times and still failed . I frowned . I looked beside me and saw a note . Sigh . I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I stood up and I felt pain everywhere. What the fuck was happening? I grabbed the note and read what it said .

Love, your parents drove me home . I'll see you in school . I love you and I had a great time today!

I winced as I managed to take a cold shower. I made it worse . Because I was shivering. I ended up wearing a black long  sleeved turtle neck and paired it with my hoodie. It was too late to back out . My parents were out to work already. I feel as if all they ever do is work.

I drove with my car's heater on . I was still shivering. I placed a call to Venus as I drove to school. I listened to her rants while I drove to school . "Babe , I'm in school already. See you soon." I said with a tired voice . I cut the call. I walked out of my car and groaned as I felt my body ache. I skipped breakfast and I haven't stomached anything for about 12 hours now . However, I felt the urge to throw up. Sigh .

I managed to make it to homeroom . I didn't even bother to meet Venus in her class. I zoned out for the entire period. I sighed as the bell brought me back . Suddenly, everything became fuzzy. I had this bubbling feeling in my gut. Students started to exit the classroom. I tried to focus my sight on one thing. I looked around and saw the class almost empty. I stood up and made my way to the exit too. That's when it hit me .

Luckily there was a waste bin . I bent over and retched . Ewwww. I threw up non existent food. I stumbled to stand to my feet. Then I saw her looking at me with concern. She asked if I was ok. What is the fuck? How would I be ok if I just finished throwing up . I answered sarcastically. I placed my hand on my stomach feeling it ache. Black splotches invaded my vision. I passed out .

Sigh

I woke in the nurses office . She smiled at me and said. "How are you feeling Archer?"

How was I feeling? I felt like a bus hit me and the ambulance that was taking me to the hospital was set on fire then it ran into the ocean drowning in the process. Hence , the body aches , hot temperature and dry throat.

"Peachy." I rasped out. "That was expected." I rolled my eyes at her. I tried to get up. But still my body ached . "How did I get here?"

"Oh yes. Betilla brought you here. "She pointed at her. She sat down at the end of the room watching me . Her eyes widened as she looked into mine . I looked to the end of the bed . My hoodie was off. "You were burning up." She spoke out

"Can I get some painkillers for this ache?" I asked rubbing my head . The nurse gave me drugs and told me to get some rest and to always be hydrated. I sighed as I took them . I got off the bed and took my hoodie . Betilla watched my every move.

"What time is it?" I asked as I put my hoodie on. "School's out." She muttered.

"I was out the entire day?!" I exclaimed then winced as I pulled my hoodie on. "Yes you were . Venus was here . She had to go . She claimed she had an appointment." She muttered. The nurse watched our quiet exchange . I walked towards her with my hand out. She rose an eyebrow. I pulled her up.

"Come on . Let's go." I urged her . We thanked the nurse as we left the school. As we walked in the deserted hallways . Of course there was a tension in the air. Unspoken words . I tried my best to avoid it . But then I wanted to embrace it.

"Why didn't you send me that message earlier?" I stopped walking. I told her I cared . I turned to look at her and I saw her eyes searching mine.

"I thought it would make you feel better." I muttered . Her face fell. "So you didn't mean it?" I was tongue tied . I couldn't tell I that I care . I was with Venus . I shouldn't be having this conversation with her . We haven't even acknowledged ourselves as friends .

"Right." She said as she started to walk away.

"Betty! Wait." I yelled after her. She stopped . I rushed to meet her . I placed my hands on her shoulders and pulled her to a hug. I sighed when I felt her cry. I guess she let all those bottled up feelings out . We stood there for minutes .

My body was starting to hurt again. I groaned as my stomach ached in pain. She let me go. Immediately, she wiped her tears and looked away from me . I took her chin and made her look at me. She was still unstable after crying. I wiped any remaining tears and kissed her forehead .

"I have never stopped caring for you Betty."

I muttered and then left immediately.

An

Yassssssss. It's me again.

Tbh I wanted to make Archer have Norovirus but it would be really stressful to write . He almost admitted something to her . God knows these two have a lot of bottled up feelings .

Stay safe and have a productive day!

Don't forget to vote and comment . Please