Chapter 16

Betilla's POV

Okay. I looked down at my hands and tried to retrace his words. No word could express what I was feeling at the moment. I looked around and saw other students already on their second sample.

"Archer?" I called out and looked at him. I could swear he hesitated to look at me. "I want to take notes . You do the mixing stuff." I said pointing at the samples. He didn't reply but he passed his notepad to me . I saw his beautiful handwriting and I could swear I was jealous . He was perfect.

I scribbled under the first column .

Sample A + Water . He diluted it and told me what to write down and we finished the practical in no time . Yass , I got away with that. Then I realised, he hadn't replied my text. After turning in our work, the teacher was giving a brief explanation. I started .

"Did you see my text?" I muttered playing with my hair. He heard me but he didn't look at me . He legit froze . Then he suddenly looked at me with no emotion in his bright orbs .

"Yes , I did, Betty." He replied with that nickname again. "I didn't feel the need to reply." He said simply . Okay , that hurt. I felt weird. No doubt , no words were uttered between us for the rest of the class.

My mind raced with thoughts . Where was all those lovey dovey texts he sent to me coming from. Was it just to mess with me? Does he know I like him? Feeling furious , I said .

"Why the fuck did you send me those texts then?" I snarled at him . Once again, he froze . Then the bell went . He stood up and walked away without glancing at me . He was hurting me . I got my things and walked out too. No doubt , I was mad . But more importantly I was mad at myself for falling for him so easily . I wish I never let all those texts get into my head . It would have been better if we never met .

He avoided me for the rest of the day and if we crossed paths . He didn't acknowledge my presence. No shit. That hurt like a bitch . I didn't understand what he was getting at. One minute , he's sending me texts implying that he feels something for me . Next , he's avoid me like I'm a virus. No relation to COVID though.

I have no idea what to do with him . I tried my best to avoid the pain but it intensified when I saw him talking to my bestfriend after school . He looked at her for a while as if checking her out . What the fuck? Okay at that moment , I was furious . I rushed home from school . My parents were still home . And they started making family dinner . Weird . I got home and saw them binge watching Netflix. Typical . And it turns out they were watching 365 days .

That is rated 18!!!!

I cleared my throat to get their attention . "Betilla , you're home . We heard you parking . Could you spend the night at Mae's today?" Mom asked . I rolled my eyes and nodded . I sighed as I went to pack my clothes . I was going to spend the night with someone who was avoiding me . And her brother who was my boyfriend. Talk about awkward.

I trudged myself down the stairs and met Mc Donald's take out on the counter .

"We thought you might want something to eat." Mom said again. Which was unusual of her. "And also, you have to stop by the hospital. You missed one therapy session. You only have a few left." She smiled at me . I rose my eyebrow as I took the food . "Thanks Mom." I muttered . It sounded weird .

I parked in the parking lot of the hospital. And got out . I took my milkshake with me and left the burger in the car . No doubt , I could just sleep in my car this night . I walked into the hospital and signed in . Yes, I was late . I went to my usual ward . But on my way . Something caught my eye .

Or someone.

I heard the familiar noise of nurses rushing someone in on a stretcher. I could swear my whole world froze when I saw who was on the stretcher . My milkshake slipped out of my hands as I slipped to the floor .

No

No

No

I couldn't lose another person.

An

Yass. Double update . Check it . Whatever.