Chapter 3

Healed

All rights reserved

©️ Emrys Noah

Betilla's POV

After the rough funeral, I got called in by the police department. I shivered as I placed my hands in the cold table, the cop turned on his recorder and placed a glass of water in front of me. I pulled hair away from my face.

"Why am I in here?" I asked. "Miss Betilla, you have been brought in because of your brothers suicide case . We need to find out why he committed suicide. If you're not interested in finding out why he did it, you can simply request not to. Do you want to find out why? In the process , a lot of things can happen . You could go to a trial charging your school responsible. Are you interested?"

I sat back down and thought about it. I knew a reason why he did it but what if he had other reasons . I need to know. I looked back at the cop and nodded. "Please can you say yes for the record?" He said pointing to the recorder.

"Yes." I said. Rubbing my hands against my eye, I said . "Go on."

"Did you notice a change of behaviour in Benedict these last few weeks?"

I thought back , I didn't notice any change because I didn't pay attention to him anymore. "There was a time he came home with bruises on his face. Then he became clingy . He got on my nerves much so I basically ignored him." I said as tears dropped from my eyes . I haven't been in school for a while now . No doubt , all eyes will be on me . I'm supposed to go tomorrow.

"So there was indeed a change in his behaviour? And what kind of bruises?"

"Um, he told me he bumped into his locker but they seem like the type you get when you have been punched . I don't know , it's vague." I said wiping my tears away, eyebrows furrowed.

"So you're implying that he was punched? Why didn't you do anything about the bruises you saw?"

That question got me hanging, " I asked him how he got them . He lied about it , I knew he lied but still I didn't want to know more about it . So I left it . It was very stupid of me!" I said placing my head in my hands.

"We've established that he had a change in behaviour and he came home with bruises. With looks like the one you get when you've been punched . What does that sound like to you?"

"Bullying."

"You mean he was bullied in school? "

"I don't know." I said taking a deep breath

"Miss Betilla, this conversation can implicate your school . You school can be held responsible for the suicide of your brother . It took place on school grounds , in a chemistry lab where a lab attendant was meant to be. He may have been bullied in school. With this information, would you like to go to trial?"

"I don't know."

"Why don't you chew on that for  a while." He said closing his notepad where he wrote most of our conversation. I sighed and placed my head in my hands . "Would you come in after school tomorrow?" He asked .

I nodded as I got up . I pulled my hood on as I walked out of the police station and into Benedict's car . His car . It still smelt like him. Placing my head on the staring wheel, I relieved the moments we had together in this car .

"Think happy thoughts Betilla. He wants you to move on." I said reassuring myself . I drove home listening to Lovely by Billie Eilish and Khalid. I parked in the driveway and saw my parents car parked too. Were they home?

I pushed through the main door and rolled my eyes when I saw them in the living room , condemning everything. Typical.

"Hey , MOTHER AND FATHER."

They looked at me with scowls on their faces. "Betilla , you got called in by the police today. You are not to speak with them without a parent present ."

"As a matter of fact , your father and I have decided not to find out why he killed himself."

I frowned . "Why? Oh wait, that's right. You don't want the whole world to know your son killed himself because his coward parents left him."

"Shut the fuck up! Do you want your entire life dissected in front of everyone? Too much press , everyone will get involved. The school will fight back so no trial." Mother yelled. I looked down. "So keep quiet and don't see the cops again. You're going to school tomorrow. We'll stay the night here with you. At least , we've been doing that for a while . Don't get used to it ."

I walked to my room and burst into tears . Why did this have to happen now? Why? I cried myself to sleep that night.

I peeled my eyes open and let the blinding sunlight in . I looked at my phone and got a bunch of notifications from Mae . I still ignored her , even though she wasn't the one that cheated . Her brother did. I got out of bed and listened to music to keep my thought from thinking about the worst thing that could happen today. I looked at my face and noticed that I've lost weight. My collarbones were showing, my skin was pale and my eyes lost their colour. Speaking of eye colours, I would love to look at Archer's eyes right now . Speaking of Archer, he didn't even reach out to me . I frowned at that.

I decide to wear a lazy fit. One of my brother's hoodies and sweatpants and my black and white crocs . I felt comfortable in them . I wiped away tears I didn't know came out and grabbed my book bag. I skipped breakfast . I didn't see my parents anywhere so I went in Benedict's car . I listened to Be Happy by Dixie D'Amelio as I went to school.

What's the matter with that?

I pulled into the parking lot and as expected , eyes turned to me. I walked to school ignoring all the eyes . I entered the hallway and then I regretted I ever did. I looked at the person in front of me and all I saw was red.

What the actual fuck?!

AN
THATS ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!! YASSSSSSS

VITE AND COMMENT . WHO DO YOU THINK SHE SAW? I DONT KNOW TOO. SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER

STAY SAFE!