Chapter 12

Betilla's POV

I could feel my face lighten up as I saw him on my porch. I was still in his comfortable hoodie. But with very short shorts . I felt him checking me out with those his intriguing eyes. And I liked every bit of it. Sigh I sound like a slut. He has a fucking girlfriend for crying out loud. Why him?

So yeah, he pushed me away from him when we got to close. But between us . Only us . I almost moaned when he kept his hands on my waist . I have been waiting for that moment to happen again. And it did! His hands fit perfectly on my sides . But it was cut short. He looked down and didn't utter any word. I had to break the tension.

So I did. I took off his hoodie and walked to him and gave him. "Here, your hoodie." I said pushing it to him. He looked at me but then again he was looking at my body . No I wasn't naked under . I was just wearing a sports bra under. He didn't respond so I placed it on the table near him . I walked to my shelf in my study to get my leftover clothes that I kept in there when I was too lazy to take them to my room. I bent over to get a tank top when I felt him behind me.

I froze then I slowly turned . He had the hoodie in his hands. I looked up at him and saw no emotion on his face. Then out of nowhere , he forced me to wear it back. He went back to one side of the study making sure there was a lot of space between us. As if he couldn't trust himself. I adjusted the hoodie on my as I loved the comfort it brought.

"Answer for me." He said. I looked up at him. "Answer the question for me." I thought for a while. Deep down , I knew what he was asking . I wasn't going to answer him. Yet.

"I don't know ." I finally muttered . I turned away from him . His heavy gaze was set on me .

"Be more specific."

"Because of me?" I asked facing him again. A breath hitched between my throat as we locked eyes.

"Getting warmer." He said. I broke eye contact first . "You're such a tease!" I shouted . He started to laugh. I frowned at him. But to be really sincere. I really loved the fact that he was here with me . Alone.

"Betilla?" He voiced out suddenly. "How are you?" He asked with so much concern. I've never had anyone who felt that much concern for me . Apart from my brother. Who was dead. He was asking how I was.

I looked at the floor. "Honestly , I have no idea." I walked to his side and sat down near him. "Sometimes , I feel happy. Sometimes , I feel sad and empty. Even neutral. I don't know what to feel. I don't know what I'm supposed to feel. I didn't read the grief handbook. I'm not going to a fucking grief group." I said and unknown tears slipped out of my eyes. We made eye contact again and it felt like a pipe burst . I started to sob. Shit.

He reached out to me. "Come here." He pulled my into his lap and started to rock me. "Don't cry, Betty ." I felt embarrassed to be crying. I got my shit together before it got worse . I stood up from his lap and walked out of the study. I wiped furiously at my eyes . I didn't want to leave him hanging there but the pain I felt at the moment was stronger than any feelings I had for him.

I ran up to my room and locked the door. I got on my bed and broke down completely. I rolled my self into a ball as I cried myself to sleep. Who knew grief could be this bad?

Don't skip the bold. You have been warned. Just jk. Teehee

An

Yasssss. Should I make it a triple update? Idk. Yassssssss. No kiss yet. And yes drama is coming. More and more . Soon.

Stay safe and vote .