Chapter 9

Healed

All rights reserved

©️ Emrys Noah

Archer's POV

I was getting used to Venus' presence but I longed for that of Betilla. Deep down , I knew . I knew I was falling in love again. I couldn't love again after what happened in the past . I loved Venus . I love her but I wasn't in love with her . Sigh.

She spent the entire Saturday with me and some friends . We all had fun together. Did I mention that she's the best girlfriend ever? Well she is .

After running into her at the hospital, I felt different. I didn't go to school the next day. I got sick . Hence , explaining the throwing up and the body aches . I went for a check up each day and I wished to see her at the hospital too because I knew she was coming in for oxygen therapy. But apparently we missed each other every time.

"I don't want to go to the movie night Venus ." I said . Although, I knew she was going to be there . I needed to distance myself from her in order to stop these feelings . I sighed as she ignored me . "Venus , I said I don't want to go." She looked up at me . "Why don't you want to go?" She asked . I sighed . I couldn't exactly tell her that I was avoiding Betilla . "I'm not feeling a movie night that's why." I said .

"I'm going so you have to go too." She said flipping me off. I sighed sometimes I felt like killing her off. I muttered curses under my breath as I left her and went to my room . No doubt I wanted to get good sleep in for the hell of a night I was going to have .

As I laid in my bed , Venus texted me .

I'm sorry if I upset you . I'm going to get us some snacks for the movie x)

I sighed and fell into a dreamless sleep

Really sorry for the POV change .

Betilla's POV

I sighed as I went home on Friday. My parents were coming in on Saturday and literally I didn't know what to expect . I didn't know if they were going to be loving . Surprisingly, I was actually looking forward to meeting them . I sighed as I wished my brother was here. Most importantly, I wished Archer was here.

I was actually looking forward to this movie night . I picked my outfit ahead of time . I didn't know why I did but deep down I knew why . I wanted to look good. I picked a cropped top that said 'Bad bitch' and high waisted leggings and to top it all off , my Nike Air.

But then I realised it was going to get chilly . So I added an hoodie . I heard my parents pull into the driveway. I got out to welcome them . Unusually, Mother smiled at me .

"Are you guys going to keep flying in and out of the U.K. like this?" I asked as we all walked in . Mother shrugged . "Oooookay then, there's a movie night at school today. So you have the house to yourselves." I announced. They nodded . Strange , they haven't muttered anything harmful . Yet.

I walked up to my room . I fell on my bed with the thought of one person. Sigh . I guess I didn't really love Lance because I fell out of love with him so quickly . Sigh. I need to stop sighing. I guess I fell asleep because when I opened my eyes , it was almost time to get to school. I got up quickly and took a shower . I wore my cropped top and leggings . I grabbed my night kit that consisted of face wipes , late night snacks , bottles of water and well toiletries in case. I sighed as I checked the time . I ran downstairs and I saw my parents having dinner . I opened my mouth to tell them I was leaving but my mom beat me to it.

"I have packaged your dinner. Or better still you can get something on the way to school." I was speechless . I finally blinked and said " I'll take dinner ." I smiled as I took the packed dinner that consisted of potato chips and chicken . I waved them goodbye as I walked out the door. I got in my car and drove to school.

I pulled into the parking lot and saw that the sun was going down already. What was the school even gaining from this? I grabbed my bag and got out . I walked to school and walked to the gymnasium . I walked in and saw the large projection and chairs were already arranged . It was barely full so I stepped out to get a book to read from my locker. I walked back in and saw it almost full . I hurried in to get a good seat .

I finally saw one , I rushed to it . I saw down and looked at my neighbour and God just kill me already . My heart fluttered as I looked into his eyes again. I looked away quickly and I heard him snicker .

Of all seats!

He looked over to Venus who sat beside him . I felt a frown coming on . I reached for my hoodie in my bag and I got nothing. I looked in it and then I realised that I never took it off my bed . Fuck.

It was starting to get chilly . The movie was starting . I guessed that it was a romcom. But then again , I heard that the school didn't organise this . So I wasn't so surprised. I saw the familiar intro and I knew that it was The Kissing Booth 2. Of course , everyone has seen The Kissing Booth so.

I glanced over to him and saw him kissing his and Venus' entwined hands . As if he noticed my stare , he looked at me. I looked away, my cheeks reddened . I tried to focus back the film . I got out a snack and we were 30 minutes into the film . Venus suddenly stood up and she kissed him then she left . I looked at her as she walked away. I looked back at Archer and saw his eyes already on me . "She had to go." He answered .

"Archer." I called out. He looked back at me "Me." He deadpanned

I knew I was in for a long night. And the good thing is that we were all alone without Venus. God, these feelings.

An

So I had to cut this chapter into two . Cuz why not

Next chapter is gonna be sweet. Can't wait!!!

Later peeps! Comment and vote

Stay safe and have a splendid Sunday!