Chapter 2

Healed

All rights reserved

©️ Emrys Noah

3rd Person's POV

Yup, I'm confused too. Let's rewind.

After the ambulance took off, she was given full oxygen supply because she got really exposed to carbon monoxide. She stared at the ceiling of the bus. She couldn't face Archer although she felt his eyes on her.  She feels the sedative kicking in. She looks around and sees a paramedic sitting not so far from her. She realises that her brother wasn't in the ambulance.

"Where's my brother? Where is he?" She yells. She hits her hand on her face in frustration. Archer looked at her and sighed. "Betty, he's being taken to the morgue for autopsy."

She looks at him for a while. Then mutters, "The morgue,  morgue. Why the fuck is he being taken there? He's fine. He just fell asleep that's why, take him home."

Ok, it was kinda obvious that she was in denial. That was pretty expected. She chokes on her words and silently sheds tears. She finally looks at Archer. He had no emotion showing on his face. There was an emptiness in his eyes. He sat opposite her in the bus. As if he noticed her staring, he looks at her. All of a sudden his whole facade cracked a little but he composed himself. someone had to stay strong. He leans over and places a kiss on her forehead. A sigh escapes her mouth as his lips leaves her forehead. She blacks out.  The rest of the ride to the hospital was silent between the paramedic and Archer.

The fucking phone always wakes people up. She wakes to the buzzing of her phone on the bedside table. She looks around her and noticed that she was hooked up to several IV monitors and an oxygen tank. As if on cue,  the doctor comes in.

"Betilla, you're up . That's a start." He started .

"Where's my brother ?" She butts in rudely. "His body is at the morgue. Firstly, how are you feeli-."

"How the fuck do you expect me to feel?" She snaps cutting him short . She hated how they said his body . Not Benedict. Fuck why?

The doctor cleared his throat and looked away. "I'm Doctor Morgan. I'll be your doctor . Apparently your family doctor is away for the moment. Betilla , you were exposed to large amounts of carbon monoxide seeing as you were first on the scene. You will need oxygen therapy."

She gave him a wtf look. "Look , I'm fine . Let me out. I want to see my brother." She said starting to remove whatever was hooked to her body. "You don't have a brother anymore." He said.

Her head snapped to him. "Who are you to say that!? Who are you? My brother didn't kill himself. He loves me too much to kill himself ."

"Your parents have been contacted." He brought up quickly , ignoring her previous rant.
"You say what now?" She deadpanned.

Her parents left Betilla and Benedict alone at a young age. They were still their parents and they acted as if they lived with them for show. They didn't care for them because they abandoned them but cared enough not to let them be taken into child services . Of course, they were thinking.

What embarrassment it would bring on them

Assholes.

"Yes, your parents are on their way from the UK , leaving their work aside." She couldn't believe it.

"I'll be on my way. I'll run some tests later." He said dismissively. She slumped back to the hospital bed. Pounding her hands against her eyes, she groaned. She decided to check her phone. She had a couple of texts messages. Ok wait . Billions of text messages.

999+ from Mae
1 from Archer
Lance didn't even text her
9999+ from other students
1 from Benedict

Yup you read right.

A sob wedged between her throat as she tapped on his contact repeatedly. It was a voice note . First she was unsure to listen. But then she wanted to hear her brother's voice one last time.

She clicked on play.

"Betilla, the leftover Mac and cheese in the fridge has spent 15 days. It's time for it to go." She chuckles and wipes her tears. " Speaking of going, I"m going too. You don't need me anymore. Contact Mom and Dad. They will come back. Don't break down and start thinking of the things you did wrong. The things you could have avoided. That won't do any good. I know you. You seem to know how to live without me so I want you to do so now. Don't start the waterworks when you hear this. Go on with life without me. That is my dying wish. Choose the right guy. I love you I won't say it again but now I leave you with the first three words of this sentence ."

He didn't even call her bumblebee . She starts to talk.

"Benedict , I'm sorry , I'm so sorry . You didn't deserve this." She said wiping tears. "I could have done something but I left you . I told you to get out. Fuck me!!!" She was interrupted when some people walked in

"You are right! Fuck you." A female British voice announced. "Honey don't be rude." A male one spoke back. She looked at them and frowned.

"Why the fuck did you show up?" She questioned .

"Come on , no greetings to your beloved parents?" Her mom apparently said. "I didn't come for you FYI."

"Benedict is dead. He killed himself because you left him! He said it right here on the voice note." She said reaching for her phone.

"Hush, Betilla. He didn't kill himself because we left . He killed himself because you left him . We got a text from him too. I love you. He said ." Her dad butts in this time.

"Look , parents, or whatever the fuck you guys are to me. I am not responsible for Benedict's suicide attempt." She muttered. "Oh sweetheart , is that what you think?" Mom muttered.

"Just show us the dead one." Dad deadpanned. She looked at him in disbelief. They walked out. "I hate you all!!" She screamed after them .

She blacked out because the nurses rushed in and gave her a sedative. She stayed in the hospital for two more days before she was discharged . She had to be coming in 4 times for full oxygen therapy. And she had to use an oxygen tank with her for the next two months. I can tell that the next two months will be very stressful.

Archer never visited but between us. Only us. He sent flowers. Through the nurses . Sweet! She refused to see Mae. And of course her brother. It was obvious, she got depressed. Maybe even suicidal.

Her parents came in the day she was discharged. They wanted to tell her that they decided to bury him . Not cremate.

Blah blah . And we are now up to date. That's what she went through for the last few days . We all remember how she cursed in a church. Badass!!! Who's looking forward to the next chapter.