Chapter 25

ARCHER

Venus called me earlier before Betty made her visit to my house and as usual, my parents weren't home so I didn't bother to go to school that day. Venus said to travel with her back to the UK to explain to her parents everything about our relationship but leaving out the part where I started to like someone else. Also, I contacted my elder sister in the UK about moving in with her for a while. I was planning to transfer back to the UK to finish up my studies. My parents wouldn't mind so I started to work on the process of transferring. 

I called my mom and told her my plans of moving back to the UK and she was ecstatic. That was one thing I really liked about my mom. She was so supportive. She told me she would contact my old school and get the necessary details. I thanked her and started to write an email to my form teacher of my current school about me transferring back. I sent it to my mom to proofread and she edited it and sent me a better version. I sent that to the teacher and I went on to look for my passport and started booking flights. I was more than happy to see mt elder sister, Arielle. She had her own apartment and she moved out two years before we moved out of the UK. 

My mom showed up in the house later on, earlier than she would have come. She said, "I was feeling so excited about your plan so I decided to come home and spend as much time with you as possible cause I'm going to miss you, my big baby!" She cooed at me and I just looked away from her. I sat on the couch and motioned for her to join me. She was my mother and she was meant to know my life so I was ready to finally open up and tell someone what was always on my mind. She joined me, "What's wrong Archer?" I looked at my bare feet as I said, "Venus and I are broken up." She froze for a while. then asked, "Are you okay sweetheart?" I nodded at her. "I think I love someone else," I whispered. 

"Oh, that's okay." Mom said. I frowned at her. "No, it's not! I do not want to love her. She brings the pain back and I do not want that." I yelled. In an instant, I apologised to her for yelling and started to sob. "Is that why you want to move away?" My mom was really smart. She caught on quickly. I didn't reply and she got her confirmation. "Archer, go to bed. I'll be here when you wake." I nodded at her and retired to my room. My phone buzzed on my nightstand as I got in bed. It was Betilla. She sent me a text, asking if I was going to school the following day. I couldn't read it. 

My mom was in my room when I woke up, let me rephrase that. She woke me up. "Archer, get up. You have a big day today. You need to pack and I got in touch with Arielle and she is more than happy to have you come over." I smiled at her and stood up. I stretched as I walked to the bathroom. I was going to miss my mom and dad but I was already missing my life in the UK and I was more than excited to go back so I wore a happy face and started off my day. After long hours of packing my necessities, I finally took a break to facetime Venus. She was done packing and her formalities were done already. We agreed to leave the following day. 

It was dinner time and my mom was in tears. My dad and I joked about it. It was my last dinner in that household. My mom pushed me to sleep early seeing that the filght was an early one. I called Venus that night and told her to be ready on time. I had my fingers crossed that she wasnt going to delay. The next day, I was up and ready to pick Venus up and head for the Airport but the was a flaw in that plan. Venus delayed me as I expected. I tried my best to get to the airport early and we did. I had to endure listening to Venus' playlist which consisted of heartbreak songs, thanks to me. 

We had separate seats on the plane so we decided to circle back together when the plane lands in UK. It was a long flight indeed. I was happysad. Happy that I was going to see my frineds again and sad that I was totally leaving the one I love behind. I pushed my saddened thoughts behind me and thought on the bright side. I wasn't ready to relieve the pain and I was doing the right thing. Noting how busy my mind was, I took no notice of how time passed and before my eyes, the plane had landed in the UK. 

I met up with Venus at the baggage collection area. She hugged me and said, "Home sweet home."

***

BETILLA

It felt like my brother died all over again. Mae cheered me up the best she could but nothing could cheer me up like seeing his bright colourful orbs. I really missed him. He was absent for the entire week. He didn't reply my texts and he said not to visit him so I wasn't planning on going there anytime soon. It was Saturday and I laid in bed with one thought in mind. 

Was he okay?

I had no control over my body and before my eyes, stood his house. I walked all the way from my house to his house. Mind you, I was still dressed in my Barbie pyjamas. It was kind of embarassing. I didn't have my phone on me so I knocked on the door. A few seconds passed when a female opened the door. I frowned ather but she smiled at me. "Are you Betilla?" She asked. I nodded. "Come on in, I have been expecting you. Wait here." I watched in awe as she spoke to me with so much kindness. She walked back in with an envelope with my name written on it boldly. I thought she was going to get Archer. 

She pushed it to me, "Archer insisted I give it to you." I looked down at his perfect handwriting. I felt tears come to my eyes. I thanked her and left. He couldn't even give me. I tried my best not to overthink. I got home and I opened the envelope and read what it held. I couldn't cry, I fell to my knees and just started laughing. He finally nailed me in the heart.