Chapter 4

Healed

All rights reserved

©️ Emrys Noah

Betilla's POV

I slowly walked away backwards as I watched him kiss her passionately. As if it was planned, his eyes snapped up to mine and he mocked me. I stopped.

I walked to him and pulled him away from that leach. No doubt I still had feelings for him. But some of them had turned to hatred.

He looked at me with a smirk . I slapped it off his face. "I have no words for you." I spat at him . "Look, love , I cheated . Yeah the whole school pretty much knows . Get over it." He replied lazily , adjusting his collar.

I thought I would stay strong but I broke. "Why did you cheat? Was I not enough?" I said in a broken voice. He looked at me , then looked at everyone's expectant faces.

"I think we should have a private discussion about this." He replied maturely. So he did care. I looked around and saw pity in their eyes. Enough of this already. I groaned and put my hood on my head and walked with Lance to a private place . Or should I say our usual spot. Well, no more.

"You kissed Archer. I didn't label you as a cheat. I had one hookup when I was wasted and I'm the one that's labelled. Okay , yes I was aware that I was cheating but Betilla , I was angry . I was angry that you kissed Archer. And you acted as if it was nothing . I know that kiss meant something to you. Basically in my defence, I was just hurt."

"It's fine," I mumbled . He looked up at me , probably still expecting me to be angry . I didn't have the energy to stay upset with someone. I was still upset with my self.

"I know I didn't reach out to you but Benedict was a very good brother. He didn't deserve to die." He said as he hugged me . Then I broke down. That was what I wanted . Someone to hold me as I cried. He rocked me until my tears died down.

"You have to go now ." He said and brought me to my feet. He pecked my lips for the last time ." I'll talk to you later, and Mae is going to confront you today." He muttered. I nodded as I walked out of the spot and went to the principal's office .

That went awkwardly well . I expected screaming, embarrassment and more heartbreak. Surprisingly , all my hatred turned to neutral feelings . He loved me . He cheated because he loved me . He was hurt. I walked in to the office and sat down.

"Miss Betilla, how have you been?" He asked as if I would reply normally. I rose an eyebrow at him . He cleared his throat and continued.

"The school management is extremely sorry for your loss . A bench will be placed in memory of your brother during recess today. The students have planned something for him too. His locker is raided with flowers . Apparently, Benedict had a more social life than yours." I rose my eyebrow again. He looked away . "Your parents are to come in today for the memorial service. Again, sorry for your loss."

"Trust me , no one gives a fuck about me . And they won't start to care because my brother died . Or rather committed suicide. Whatever, just make sure another kid doesn't wind up dead ." I said dismissively. I stood up and started to walk out .

"The chemistry lab will no longer be used ." He added before I walked out . I stopped in my tracks. "Thanks for preserving his death place," I muttered.

I hated all my classes . Everyone kept showing me pity . I hated it when the teachers made me stand and asked me how I was doing . What the fuck was I supposed to say? I just shrugged . Every time I had a class near my brother's locker, I would pass the opposite way to get there . I wasn't ready to see the shrine they made of my brother. Whatever.

It's recess now . My parents are in the Principal's office . Probably talking shit about me . Sigh . The memorial was going to start after recess. I decided to take a bathroom break . I walked into the familiar restroom and stared at my reflection in the mirror. I frowned at myself . I looked away from the mirror and started to leave the restroom.

I walked out and saw the one person I was looking forward to see today. Mae . She stood there standing waiting for me as if she knew I was in there . I rushed to meet her . She embraced me in a hug .

"Betilla , I can't imagine what you must be going through right now . I'm so sorry. "She mumbled . "I tried to reach out to you." Sigh.

I looked at her and smiled . "It's fine. And don't worry about your bro's cheating . We're good." She rose an eyebrow. "It's all good."

I checked my phone and saw that it was almost time for the memorial. "It's almost time for the memorial. I have to go." I said leaving . She nodded . I found my way to my parents and saw them standing next to the principal who was on a phone call.

I muttered curses under my breath as I walked to meet them. The bell rang shortly then. I saw from the corner of my eye as students piled outside with balloons in their hands .

What the fuck were they planning on doing?

I looked at the principal smiling at the students that piled outside . He started his speech.

"Benedict , indeed his death was felt terribly around school."

Who the fuck says that?

"A bench will be stationed her in honour of Benedict and now you may release the balloons to go up saying whatever you want your last words to him to be." I stumbled back . What they were doing was really touching . What would my last words be to him? I looked around me and saw students apparently talking to the balloons and I saw Archer staring directly at me as Venus stood beside him with her hands holding his . They were the perfect couple. I looked at Mae and Lance . She was walking towards me with a blue balloon . Benedict always liked the colour blue. I smiled as I held the ballon in my hands. A tear dropped from my eye as I looked at my parents and for the first time , they gave me a sympathetic look.

"Benedict, I miss you . I wish you could come back but you can't . I'm really sorry . No amounts of words can explain what I feel at the moment . Be happy . I love you . I never stopped loving you." I muttered and let my balloon go up until it was out of sight . I left .

I went back inside school and I caught Archer's eyes as I walked past him and Venus. I heard footsteps behind me . I looked back and I got my hopes up that he would follow me but I was such an idiot . It was Mae . Sigh

I told her that I was going to my next class . Turns out I was having the class with jerk face . He hasn't even uttered a word to me . I found myself frowning at the fact . I also found myself looking at the class door expecting him to walk in. He wouldn't skip right?

After some students entered , there he was standing in front of the class door . He paused when his eyes met mine again today . I couldn't see his eyes but I could feel them on me. He looked away sharply and went to his seat . He didn't look at me for the rest of the class. I felt uncomfortable.

After school ended , I walked to the parking lot to get to Benedict's car. I should start calling it mine . My car. My parents left already claiming it was work. Surprisingly, after they saw the sweet things the students did for Benedict, their view of him changed . For that brief period, it showed on their face that they lost a son .

I walked into the clearly empty house . I saw a note on the counter in the kitchen .

"Girl, we'll be gone for a while . But, but, we'll check up on you frequently. We can't afford another one dying. Actually on second thought, we can. But still , stay safe."

Mother and Father.

Sigh.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I brought it out and I noticed it was a text from Archer. Shocker .

"I wish I had the right words, just know I care."

An

Wow Archer finally reached out to her!!!! That was really cool on his side . I love what he said . He cares!!!! Woohoo!!! Comment for more

Stay safe and have a splendid day!

PS UNEDITED OOPS!