Chapter 23

■■■■

Death was never a welcomed experience. The thing that no one can control, it comes like a new guest, knocks on your door with surprise and take you away without a thought. Death should be feared, you can only experience it once, like life, but people are expecting you to be born, while people avoid death, afraid as it's a result of their crimes.

Jungkook from childhood never feared death, lived his life without consequences, never cared of his health, but the only time when he was scared, feared and protected a person with all his might, the fucking death played it's dirty game.

He never let the thought even cross his mind that the morning he left for work, kissing his sleeping husband's forehead, will be last moment they shared. Oh how should he have stayed there, cherish the moment, should have protected his love, but he couldn't.

His heart still hurts how a pure soul, who never hurt someone, was too good for him, don't deserve such unexpexted horrible death, not when evil people are outside freely, people like Wonho.

Jungkook was a cold, heartless man, he don't want to have mercy for such people, his love was taken away from him brutally, so why not ones who deserve death. Jungkook had done crimes for his love, and after long time he commited the same sin, for the boy in front of him.

And do he regret for his crimes?

No.

"Jungkook you still there?" Yoongi's voice brought him back to his senses, he don't want to answer anyone, why should he? It's none of their business, so he ended the call, sliding his phone back in the pocket.

Taehyung was still looking at him, now a little scared as the dark eyes, the same intensity which comes in his dreams, staring at him back like a predator.

Taehyung don't know if the other is planning to go or not, the air around them suddenly thick, he gulped, and moved towards the other, it's his house, he can't even run away. He have to face this.

Jungkook hadn't moved a bit, tall body stood by the window, eyes on Taehyung moving towards him, the other in the comfortable clothes making him look so small and fragile.

Taehyung now stood a foot away from the other, looking up slowly, he should do something.

"Thank you for the food Mr. Jeon." He bowed a little, he gulped nervously, smiling little.
"It's getting late, I think you should head home." Taehyung mumbled, the other not even acknowledging him, just staring like a demon.

Jungkook moved a step, their frames almost touching,
"I'm not gonna leave you." He rasped, Taehyung's eyes going wide with that. The tall male's voice making him shiver in fear.

Taehyung looked shocked at the other, the day was okay but night? Taehyung's heart might burst from how fast it was beating.
"You wanna s-leep he-re?" Taehyung asked trembling, the other change of posture adding more to it.

Jungkook stared at him, eyes going down on his form, he clenched his jaw, hands stoic to his side,
"I'm going to sleep in the car." He declared, Taehyung frighten eyes replaced with confusion, than to shock.

He can't understand why Mr. Jeon is behaving like this, sleeping in the car? Why don't he just go home then. Taehyung
"Why?." Taehyung mumbled, what is wrong with the other.