Chapter 40

■■■■

Taehyung took out the books from his locker for the days, locking it as he stared at several letters laid inside. It's been happening for a week, someone kept putting letters inside his locker, and from the covering Taehyung knew they were love letters, the reason he didn't open them at all. He didn't want to at first as his mind had been a little lost from the week. Last weekend he met Sehun's mom and she was so lovely that Taehyung missed his mom more. 

He felt good and a little happy when she talked and fed him too delicious food. But the dread feeling returned when he went back to his apartment alone. Hoseok has also been busy with his assignments lately and Taehyung doesn't want to make new friends for the first time in his life. He sighed as he walked to his Statistics class, munching on some bar.

As he walked inside, Jinyoung ran towards him, with some paper in hand.
"I was waiting for you for so long. Come fill this up quickly." He gave Taehyung a paper, which he read, it was related to some trip to woods.
Jinyoung looked at him with shock as he snatched it away from him.
"Don't tell me you forgot! I told you about our class going camping this weekend. I talked with you for an hour!" Jinyoung yelled as he crossed his arms.

Taehyung smiled sheepishly at him as he remembered something like that. He thought for a moment and took the paper away from Jinyoung and started filling it. Jinyoung smiled at him and started informing him of all the details.
"Mr. Min said that this time they have arranged some games too." Jinyoung cheered and Taehyung looked at him for a moment nervously.

"Are all teachers going to join us?" He asked slowly. 

"Yeah all, well except Mr. Jeon. I heard from seniors that he never goes on such trips, which is good." Taehyung bit his lips at that, glad that he didn't have to face the other, but also a little off as he thought he could talk to others.

He and Jinyoung took their seats as the lecture stated, and all week he and his friends discussed the trip, all too excited for it and Taehyung closed his eyes and took a breath before the day of the trip, hoping that this must go well without any incident. 

Jungkook was busy arranging his notes as Jimin walked inside his room, smiling down at the male, who avoided eye contact.
"I came to ask, are you willing to come for the trip tomorrow arranged for the students?" Jimin asked the male who got up and started packing his things as the day ended with all lectures.

"You know I don't." Jungkook answered in a horse voice, Jimin shortly nodded his head, turning as the male who walked to the door.
"Well okay, but just so you know that new students are also coming this year, especially the few you know well." Jimin commented and Jungkook stopped in his tracks, turning sharply at Jimin who looked at him sadly.

"Call me if you changed your mind." With that Jimin walked out of the room, leaving Jungkook alone in his thoughts.

~▪~▪~▪~

All students gathered around the two buses parked in the campus, backpacks and casual clothes to their bodies. Sehun and Jackson stood at a corner when they saw Jinyoung and Taehyung walking their way, both looking extra cute today. Taehyung wore a soft baby blue sweatshirt and joggers, a small backpack on his back, smiling.

"Thank god you're not late. Mr. Min is shouting at students for the last fifteen minutes, let's get inside." Sehun suggested as all four got inside a bus. Some students had already taken some seats. Taehyung saw Jimin and Yoongi checking the students list, both in casual outfits. Jimin smiled when he looked at Taehyung and waved him to take a seat.

Jinyoung and Jackson sat next to each other, resulting in Taehyung to take a seat at the other side near the window, Sehun himself beside him.
"I hope all are seated and if someone is missing, I don't care. Let's start the bus." Yoongi announced and walked in front of the bus, sitting beside Jimin who rolled his eyes at him playfully.

Just as the bus was starting, Mr. Jeon got inside, all eyes going wide as they stared at the teacher, except Jimin's. Jungkook didn't even look at the students, clearing his throat as he closed the bus door behind him.
Taehyung eyes went wide as the other turned and their gaze met. Jungkook's eyes twitched when he looked at Sehun beside him, smiling at the younger.

His eyes darkened as he went towards them, towering over the two. But a last look at them he glared and took a seat in front of them. Taehyung realised a breath as he turned his eyes towards the window, he didn't know the other was joining them.

The bus started with all the students ' loud cheers and Yoongi's groaning annoyed.
Taehyung looked at Mr. Jeon both sharing a brief contact, Taehyung first turning his head to the side. Sehun looked at the other and took out his earphones, giving one to Taehyung who smiled and both closed their eyes listening to music,  taking among.

Jinyoung and Jackson teased them from the back, laughing. Sehun blushed and cursed at them while Taehyung tensed at that. Eyes meeting Jungkook's dark one, who stared at him with jaw clenched. He turned his head at others, Taehyung looking down at his lap, mood changing.

Finally they arrived at their camping site between the woods, tall trees surrounding them. 
It had already turned dark by then, and all decided to build tents and chill for tonight starting a campfire. Students all collected the tents and rapidly chose their partners as it was for two people.

"Choose your partner and no funny business in tents at night or I'll make you sleep outside with no light." Yoongi announced to the students who laughed and started setting the tents. Jinyoung and Jackson were obviously sharing one, so Sehun blushing asked Taehyung if they could share to which Taehyung gulped as he can't deny, so just nodded.

Taehyung walked and helped the students that were preparing food for the night, as he was placing things down, he took the chopped woods, carrying them to the corner where Mr. Choi and Mr. Jeon was placing teachers' tents.
Unfortunately Mr. Choi got a call and left the place, leaving Taehyung gulping as Mr. Jeon  stared down at him.

Before he could say something, Mr. Jeon bent down, taking the woods from the ground and moving close to Taehyung.
"You're going to sleep in my tent." He rasped with dark voice and walked away. Taehyung wide eyed stood there shocked, did the other ask him to sleep in his tent? 

He gulped as he turned and walked to his friends and joined them around the fireplace, students were singing and joking around. He looked up from the fire and there stood Mr. Jeon among all teachers, staring at the fire with intense eyes. 

After hours the dinner was done, students were forced to sleep as it was getting too late, Sehun looked at Taehyung as they both walked to their tent. Jungkook's eyes following them like a hawk, ready to murder someone. As Sehun arranged their sleeping sheets, Taehyung gulped and took his blanket.

"Sehun I'-m goi-nt to Mr. Jimin for some time. I wanna talk with him about something." Taehyung lied, Sehun looked up at him shocked but nodded.
"Okay, but come soon. We have a long day tomorrow." He sounded a little disappointed but Taehyung didn't give any time and walked out of the tent, legs taking him to the teachers' tents. 

Especially Mr. Jeon's tent.

~☆~