Need some time

Carina POV

For the last two hours, Carina had tried to steer her thoughts away from the boy that had captured her heart during the last months. Usually, working out would get her back to her old, composed self, but today it didn't work. She ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes, then did abs, push-ups, and cycling. Nonetheless, her thoughts just went back to Hoseok. How she wanted to be in his arms, to be the woman at his side, to steal a kiss here and there.

Feeling exhaustion creeping up on her, she tried to slow down but did not stop until she felt nauseous. She almost stumbled when her legs seemed not to hold her up anymore. Crawling to the nearest wall, she let her back rest against it. 'Maybe it was not the best idea to forget to drink during the workout.' she thought to herself.

The door of the gym slammed open, and an out-of-breath Namjoon sprinted inside.

"Carina? Carina? Are you here?" he screamed, looking for her all over the place.

"Yes, over here." she managed to speak up.

Namjoon came closer to the spot where she was sitting and looked her up and down with a worried face.

"Finally, I found you. We are all so worried. What happened to you? You look like sh...?"  He sat next to her and pattered her knee.

"Nothing. Just work out too much, and now I feel unwell."

He got up and went to the water dispenser to bring her two big cups of the refreshing drink.

She gulped it down in no time at all, and he laughed a bit at her action.

"Now, can you tell me what happened? We thought you had left us after Aurora found a suspicious note on your bed."

Still feeling like she was not herself, she started to think about what he had said.

He saw her confusion and told her to lie down, hoping it would make her more comfortable.

"How long have you been working out? And why, the hell, is your phone off?"

"Since you left for the party. And because I could not stand the pics you sent from the gathering."  Her voice was so small that Namjoon had to listen closely to get it.

"With no break? Have you at least drank some water?"

"No break, no water, and I haven't eaten anything today. You see, I was not in the mood." She rolled her eyes as she tried to give him an explanation.

"Are you crazy? Why would you do something so stupid?" He was obviously angry. However, he also felt sympathy for her. She came all the way to the US and was treated like she was not welcome to be with them.

The last few days, he had been watching Hoseok and Carina, and the impression he got from them, was that their feelings were more than friendly towards each other.

"Can I ask you something personal?" Maybe she could confirm his suspicions.

She nodded, unable to speak, as she still felt like her body did not belong to her.

"Do you like Hoseok?"

Carina could again feel tears fill her eyes. 'Why did everybody see through her? Was she so obvious?'

"It's okay. Your reaction is my answer." He hugged her as her body hung loose because she had no strength to hold on to him.

Joon
I found her 😁
I will bring her to her room
Give her some time alone😔

Aurora