Our story begins

Carina POV

She was still sitting on that bench with her phone in her hands. 'Why is she not calling me back?' Her friend had promised to look for a flight for her to return home, but now she did not answer her calls, nor did she contact her back.
For the last fifteen minutes, she had been scrolling through her picture gallery. She had attempted to delete some of the photos she had of Hoseok or both of them but could not bring up the courage to do so.
The loneliness she felt right now was so hard to bear. She hoped that her friend would hurry up to get her that flight back as soon as possible.
Every minute that had passed, she thought about Hoseok's reaction just a while ago. Had she really been wrong about it all the time? Or had she hurt him so much that he had given up on her? Either way, she concluded that what had happened had been entirely her fault. She could never blame him for letting go of his feelings for her.

Suddenly she felt like someone was watching her. She lifted her head slowly only to see, and out of breath, Hoseok coming her way.
‚Oh no? I can not take any more wounds today' She got up and made her way to leave with her trolley behind her. But she did not go far, as Hoseok held her back. She stopped in her tracks but did not turn around to look at him. She was sure he had only come to find her because the other had forced him to do so, not because he wanted to.

"Carina?" Hoseok's voice sounded as sweet as ever, and it took all of her not to fall in his arms right now.

She tried to free her arm, but he held it tighter, even bringing himself closer to her.

"Carina, please? Can you talk to me? Or at least, can you hear me out?"
She breathed out a long sigh, and that's when she felt his arms coming to hug her from behind, giving her the feeling of safety she longed for. It was all she ever wanted, being in his arms, and so it was no surprise to her that she started crying again.

"Please! Hoseok, let me go?" Her voice was more of a whisper, and she almost thought he had not heard her.

"No. Not until you promise me you will not leave me." She felt his tears falling on her shoulder. This made it even harder for her to go through with her plan to walk away and never look back.

In her heart, she knew that she needed to get this explanation to be able to move on afterward. So, she nodded slightly, and he loosened his grip on her. As soon as he did, she felt cold and wanted to go back in his arms. However, she knew that this could only be wishful thinking from now on. He took her hand and guided her back to the bench. They both sat side by side, and this time it was not her body but her hand that he did not let go off.

 They both sat side by side, and this time it was not her body but her hand that he did not let go off

Hoseok POV

After finding her, he knew that he had to make her stay. The only way he could think of was to hug her, even if she refused to turn around and look at him. He hoped that she would give him the chance to explain how he did mess up the day that should have been the most beautiful day in their life so far.