Surprise

Carina POV

The next two weeks passed in a blink of an eye. Today Carina will sign the official divorce papers at the court. She and her ex-husband had decided to keep equal parenthood for the boys. The boys were glad that their parents would not argue about them, and it helped them realize that all of this was not their fault at all.

The only thing that she needed to do now was to find happiness again. And she knew the right person to help her with that.
The last two weeks have been hard on her. Hoseok was still talking to her; however, she could tell he had been holding back. Their exchanges had been colder than before. He would only speak to her about essential topics, but he never brought up his feelings for her again. Carina should have been glad that he still wanted to talk to her, even if it was only as a friend. Nonetheless, every call made her heart hurt a bit more.

Two days ago, she had prepared a special dinner for her kids. She wanted to talk to them before she could follow her heart and find the man she had desired for almost a year now. First, she asked her boys if they still remembered J-Hope from BTS. They both just looked at her with big eyes, and the little one confessed that he could never forget their chat on the phone as he was so cool. The oldest agreed and told her that he had become quite popular in school after his friends knew he had talked to a famous person. Carina was glad about their reaction and thought it was a good start for what she wanted to tell them. She explained to them that she had met him again and that after their father and she had decided to go their separate ways, she discovered that she was in love with J-Hope. She continued that they were not together right now because she was not divorced yet but that she really wanted to be with him and that she hoped that the boys would support her. The youngest was not hard to convince; he just wanted to know if he could meet him and if he needed to call him dad. She reassured him that as he would never be their dad, they would not need to call him that unless they all were okay with it. The oldest came to her and hugged her by saying, „if you are happy, then I'm too". He then added that if he could meet the whole band and get pictures, that would be awesome. She laughed and confirmed that the boys could meet them even if she were not with J-Hope. Carina felt relieved that her kids did not give her a hard time about her decision to see another man.

 Carina felt relieved that her kids did not give her a hard time about her decision to see another man

Yesterday she contacted Jimin to know their schedule for the next few days. He informed her that they would be going to L.A. in two days and would be staying there for four days. She thanked him and asked for his help as she wanted to surprise Hoseok in L.A. Jimin was more than happy to lend her a helping hand for them both to be together.