CHAPTER TEN

After getting off the phone with the kids I relayed what they had told me to Ryan who had come the next day to talk things over.

He went to my apartment and found the pack Wynn had spoken of, the tapes were indeed there, the video on the tapes showed that it was indeed Sam that took down the security, the kid gots skills and it also showed when Wynn was hacking the security system.

The evidence was enough to clear my name and I was free to go after five days of staying in the cell.

Ryan had adviced me to sue Xavier seeing as he had me fasley arrested for a crime that wasn't even a crime but I refused not wanting to cause more drama.
My life was already a mess no need to make it worse.

The owner of the apartment complex I had been staying at gave me a quick notice which I found pasted on my door  immediately I had arrived.

His reason was that I no longer welcomed in the complex
"That stunt you pull is going to bring a bad rep for the the building and no one wants to live with a kidnapper so you are no longer welcomed"

I wanted to scream at him
"I was fucking clear and the "kidnapping" never even happened" but not wanting to argue with anyone I flipped him the bird and poked out my tongue.

mature.

I know

He rolled his eyes and walked off

Asshole.

I called Adam and told him, he was pissed and invited me to come stay over at his place.
which I gladly accepted.
I packed up the remaining of my things and left the building.

Ryan had come over to assist me .

No we aren't a thing his just a friend and he definitely doesn't like me that way.

On our way out we bumped into Stacy .

Her once blue hair was back to brown.

"Oh my goodness" She cried engulfing me in a hug.

"Hey"

"I was so worried when I saw it all over the news I thought you were going to jail" her hair flew wildly in the air as she kept me updated on work .

"Wow Andre really is a attention seeker"I commented.

Apparently Andre caused a fit that I was on TV, he kept on complaining that I was trying to wreck the company and made a comment of how uncoordinated I was dressed calling it a fashion travesty.

Sorry if I couldn't dress to impress while being dragged into a cell.

I thanked Stacy for the information and bid her goodbye.

"Well there goes my job" I mutter knowing that I would definitely be fired.

"What happened?" Ryan asked me as he saw my gloomy face .

"Nothing" I replied he nodded even though I'm positive he didn't believe me.

We got to Adams condo.
It was a nice looking building and quite large.

I just need a break probably a long vacation.

I unpacked my things and prepared for work the next day which was a Monday .

One whole week a mess because of a family.

Upon arriving to the office the next day, people were staring at me like I had just come back from the grave, to make matters worse Mrs Gus walked in at the same moment.

"What are you doing here?" She frowned obviously displeased that I was here.

"I'm sorry ma'am in case you have forgotten I work here" I replied indifferently as I tried to walk around her only for her to block my path.

"You litt..."

"Oh sage you are here." Alice the company head greeted me.

"Yes ma I was about heading to my desk"

She gave me a grim smile before saying.
" I would like to speak to you in private" she walked towards the direction of her office and I followed already expecting the whole 'you are fired' speech.

Locking the door be hind me
" Take a sit" she offered and I did

"Look sage you have been a brilliant worker from day one"

"I'm getting the you're fired vibes" my feet tapped on the ground anxiously as I listen to her speak which she in turn gave me an uncomfortable smile.

And that's when I knew I was indeed fired.

"Due to your recent legal battle with the knights coupled with the fact that it brought bad publicity to you it will also reflect with the company. I am sorry "

"It's alright" I tell her understanding she was just doing what she thought best for the company.

Standing up I brushed off the imaginary dust from my dress
"If it's any consolation it won't show on your record that you were fired and I wrote you a recommendation letter" She tells me handing over the letter.

"Thank you" I smiled taking the letter.

Before I left "You should check out Stacy's designs I'm sure they'll be a good choice for the next collection" I tell Alice before stepping out of her office.

I took a deep breath because I was certain I was about to break down in tears.

I packed up my desk
Before I left Danielle engulfed me in a hug and apologized wishing me the best she also handed me a Subway with a smile.

"You know the friend that I said needed a date" she asked me as we stood by the curb waiting on for a ca.
"Well he said he would love to meet you, I know it's not the right time for this but I do hope you consider meeting up with him."

"Yeah sure" I waved at her as soon as the Uber arrived I got in and we were off to Adams condo after I gave the driver the address.

Adam was at work when I arrived so I didn't have to deal with an angry version of him swearing down the room and most likely going to confront everyone and anyone.

I wasn't hungry so I drank some water and went to bed. I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.
it was Adam.
"Hey sleepy head". He started

"Hey, Are you back yet?" I asked rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Yeah. I called to ask what you want to eat?"

"You do know you could have walked to the guest bedroom to do just that"

"I know but I was just too far"

"Geez you lazy human"

"Anyways what do you want to eat?"

"I have eaten" I replied
It wasn't a lie I had eaten the sub way Danielle gave me this morning besides he didn't specify.

"Ok well I'm ordering Chinese do you want some" He asked

"No thanks" and I ended the call

I didn't feel the slightest hunger I just wanted to sleep .
This week had been terrible I spent five day's in a cell , became homeless if not for Adam I would be on the streets and lost my job.

It was too damn much also I had received a phone call from nanny express thankfully I wasn't fired because they were certain I was innocent but I was suspended for a month because I missed work.

What the hell

I was in a cell but they didn't reason it that way atleast I still had a job.

Sort of.

So I dropped another chapter
I was thinking why not set an updating schedule .
So I'll update every Sunday and Wednesdays
And maybe in between
Please like , comment your thoughts and share.
It'll make me very happy.
☮️