#34: Paris Burn

Hi!! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!! And for those of you who don't celebrate it, I hope you at least had a fun break :)

What did you get? What did you eat? Did you have fun?

'''''

Also, about this oneshot......I've been waitin' for this one! Turn it up!! XD (Sorry, I'll stop with the refs)

This oneshot is a tad angsty. But it's awesome. I'm lowkey proud of it.

Please don't hate it XD

'''''

Enjoy!

'''''

My name is Lila Rossi. Truth.

I am fifteen years old. Truth.

I've told many lies. Truth.

I lie to protect myself. Half-truth.

I am happy. Lie.

Lila went over the words in her head. Her therapist always said that when she was feeling unstable, it was best to go over the facts to try and sort out the story. And it was best to start from the beginning; her name. The therapist said this mental list of lies and truths would help her stay out of trouble and to keep her emotions in check. So that she would have a lower chance of getting akumatized.

But Lila wanted to get akumatized. Truth.

She wanted to have the feeling of power, again. But after what Marinette had done to her, even that small bit of control was taken from Lila.

Lila the Liar. That was all she was known for, now that Marinette had exposed her untruths.

Lila just wanted to be understood. Lie.

No, she wanted vengeance. But even the term 'vengeance' wasn't enough, anymore. She wanted to see her city burn with envy. Literally or metaphorically, she didn't know, yet.

Lila Rossi ripped the page from her diary. She crumpled the list of truths and lies into a ball and hurled it away from her with a shriek of rage. Where was Hawkmoth, anyway? Shouldn't he have sent an akuma by now? The brunette tugged her sweater closer to herself. She sunk deeper into the chair on her balcony.

The sun was nearly setting. The gold light touched everything in the distance, engulfing it in a warm glow. Lila couldn't help but secretly wish that the orange glow could come from something else. 

It didn't even need to be the 'flames of revenge' or of that likeness. Just as long as it wasn't being emitted by the object that everyone associated with happiness.

"My name is Lila Rossi," the girl whispered under her breath. The breeze blew at her flyaways and against her reddened nose as she thought the word, Truth

"And I am a massive deal." Truth. Whether she was a good deal or a bad one depended on who one asked. But Lila knew the impact that she had on people. She was a big deal.

Feeling a surge of indignation, the brunette stood up and walked to the edge of her balcony. She gripped the railing, turning her knuckles white. The flutter of wings in the distance made her look up. To her utter relief, she saw the familiar darkened butterfly headed her way. She smirked.

"Mari, time to watch your back. Because you took me down, but you didn't finish me off." 

Lila reached out and grabbed the butterfly with her fist. She drew her hand closer and dropped the butterfly onto the crumpled diary page at her feet. She sighed as she felt the purple butterfly sign light up overtop her eyes. 

"Lila Rossi," came the comforting voice of Hawkmoth. "Too long have you been denied the respect that you so clearly deserve. That Marinette girl called you out on a fib, didn't she? But what if I gave you the power to make it her that they couldn't trust. So that she could feel the pain that you have endured. What is it that you want?"

Lila smirked and dropped the sweater off of her shoulders. 

"I wanna watch Paris burn." Truth.

'''''

Whooooo! Not gonna lie, (hehe puns) that felt pretty good! I kinda feel like this is one of my best ones in a while. 

What did you guys think?

'''''

I originally wanted to call this oneshot "Truths", but then I was like, "Nah" XD

Yes, this oneshot is a big, fat, Mean Girls Musical reference XD 

(I'm looking at you Jelewsie XD)

'''''

Any comments?

''''