thirty-one

[CHAPTER 31] 

WEDDING PREPARATIONS

___________________ 

___________________ 

"STOP LAUGHING!"

Violetta was standing opposite a keeled over Emily, who was shaking with laughter and had tears streaming down her face.

"It is not that bad,"

Emily looked next to her at Kate, who had been quietly observing the dress. For a split-second there was a silence as the two looked at each other, before Emily erupted back into hysterics and Kate let out a chuckle. Violetta had been sent a bright purple dress by her mother for the wedding, which seemed to have an abnormal number of ruffles and feathers attached to it, so that she vaguely resembled a large, purple chicken.

"At least you'll stand out," Kate said, trying to stop herself from laughing as Emily hiccuped a couple of times, and Violetta narrowed her eyes at Kate.

"That is the last thing I want, Fleur will murder me if I outshine her on her wedding day,"

"I severely doubt you'll be outshining her," Emily snorted, eyeing the purple monstrosity.

"Well, you might," Kate noted, giving Emily a once-over.

"I– What?" Emily asked, stunned, looking down at her golden yellow gown. It was simple, made of a satin-y fabric with a v-neck and spaghetti straps.

"It's literally simplest dress ever," Emily said, confused, and Kate smiled.

"You're right, it's missing something,"

With that, Kate grabbed her wand and gave it a wave. Out of the tip shot what looked like gold flakes, which floated down and seemed to attach themselves to the folds of her skirt. Emily turned on the spot and the flakes caught the light and shimmered. Violetta let out a low-whistle.

"That is impressive," Violetta complained, and Emily blushed, "Can't you charm some feathers off this monstrosity?"

"You're too far gone I'm afraid," Kate said cheekily, and Violetta gave her a shove.

"I was fine before it shimmered," Emily muttered under her breath.

"Em, you're freaking gorgeous, you have to learn to show it off," Kate tutted, peering in the mirror and fixing her lipstick, "Now let's go downstairs, the guests should be arriving soon,"

The trio made their way down the stairs, chattering loudly, and when they made it outside, they were greeted by Ron, Hermione, Harry, Fred and George.