thirty-seven

[CHAPTER 37] 

The Great Flood

_________________________

"Get that away from me!"

"Stop squirming,"

"You're trying to kill me!"

"I just might if you don't stop moving. . .ouch, Ginny!" Kate exclaimed, as Ginny's leg flew out and kicked her in the shin.

"I'm sorry," she grumbled, "It just hurts,"

"You are such a baby," Kate tutted.

"You're not half as gentle as Emily is. Why can't she do it?" Ginny huffed, and Kate raised her brows as she re-focused on taking the bandages off Ginny's mended wrist.

"She's at Hogwarts today, with Violetta," Kate said, before she muttered under her breath, "Lucky her,"

"I wish I was at Hogwarts, the old Hogwarts" Ginny said wistfully, "OW,"

"I'm done, I'm done," Kate said, putting her hands up and standing up from where she had been kneeling by the couch, "You'll be going to Hogwarts soon, you're practically healthy,"

"Hm," Ginny huffed, "Are you guys really setting up another DA?"

"No," Kate said sharply, "That is not what it is. We're teaching you to fight and heal, not encouraging the kind of crap that got you into this position in the first place," she said, motioning towards Ginny's wrist.

"Not my finest moment," Ginny muttered under her breath, and there was silence as Kate cleaned up the bandages and vials.

"Did Emily and Harry really break up?" Ginny asked suddenly, and Kate stopped what she was doing.

"She told you?" she asked, and Ginny suddenly looked sheepish.

"I overheard you talking about it," she said bashfully, and Kate gave her an unimpressed look.

"Yes," Kate said with a sigh.

"Why?" Ginny asked eagerly, and Kate shook her head.

"Not my place to say, nosy," she tutted, and Ginny looked disappointed.

"Fine, I'll ask her myself," she said, and Kate snorted.

"You do that," she said, before striding into the hall, leaving Ginny by herself.

In truth, the fact that Emily was suddenly single had been the only thing that Ginny had thought about since she overheard the conversation between her and Kate two days ago. She had been happy at first, then felt guilty for feeling happy, because both Harry and Emily were close friends and she didn't wish them any unhappiness. But on the other hand, Ginny couldn't deny her feelings for Emily. Ever since they had kissed last year, Ginny had had an incredibly difficult time putting Emily out of her mind. When she had started dating Harry, Ginny had expected it to go away, for it to be overpowered by the happiness she felt for her friends, but her admiration had only grown, which was as confusing as it was frustrating.

There was a sudden commotion in the hall, and at first Ginny jumped, her heart racing, before she recognized the familiar voices of Emily and Violetta.