Part 32

"What the hell is taking so long?" Luke said, sitting in the back of the SUV.

"I don't know." Marco replied, leaning forward and knocking on the partition. "Hey..."

The partition slid open.

"Yeah?" One of the men in the front seat responded.

"What's the hold up?" Marco asked.

"Some sort of protest. Bunch of girls marching down the street, yelling and complaining" The man replied.

"Jesus, don't they realize we got placed to be?" Luke said in exasperation. "I have a meeting with the captain in an hour."

"Anyway we can get around it?" Marco asked.

"We can turn around, take the long way but we have to wait until the corner... at this rate, who knows when we'll get through." He replied.

"For fuck's sake." Luke said with groan. They were so close and he had to make this meeting. He'd been hearing rumors again that the Russo brothers were spotted and so, he would strike a deal with the captain for surveillance.

"Let's give it a bit. We still have time. How long can they take?" Marco asked, noting how Luke was growing annoyed.

Luke didn't respond, instead he sat, his fingers tapping against the arm rest. A short while later, Luke once again glanced at his watch.

"Fuck it." Luke said, " Just fuck it."

"What..." Marco asked, noting as Luke put on his sunglasses.

"You two park the car first place you can, Marco and I are walking." Luke said, getting out.

"Try to get close." Marco said, following Luke's lead.

"Look at it." Luke said as they moved down the street.

"It's harmless. Just a bunch of college girls fighting for their rights." Marco said with a smile. Luke frowned.

"This is what happens when fathers don't teach their daughters how to behave." Luke said, moving quickly. Marco didn't reply. He followed Luke quietly, knowing he was annoyed and likely to bite his head off if he gave him the slightest provocation.

Luke was exaggerating a little bit due to his foul mood. It was true that he was a very traditional man, with very traditional values... after all, he'd been raised by a father who taught him tradition was the most important thing. He'd watched his mother and the women of the family be cared for and raised to marry and take care of their families.

"Listen, it will probably be over by the time we leave so just ignore them and let's get on with it." Marco said as they saw the police station in sight. They made their way around back, avoiding the crowds of women that were blocking the front entrance, Luke frowning the entire time.

"So, what do you think?" The captain asked when they were in his office, which overlooked the large park.

"Are you used to this kind of thing?" Luke said, staring out at the large crowd.

"I am." The captain said, "Usually it's not so bad but that girl, she's been giving me headaches since last year. She's loud... just a real pain in the ass."

Luke chuckled.

"Yeah I know a few like that." Luke said.

The captain continued. "Last month alone, she called 18 times...look at her."

Luke looked out in the direction the captain was pointing, narrowing his eyes as he tried to get a better look at the small woman who was now holding standing on top of a rock and speaking to the crowd.