Chapter:

I watched as they brought the blue casket in and laid it down. Blue was Emily's favorite color. They stepped away and her mom got up and made a speech about her.

It was about how Emily was a bright young girl. Who was very popular and had many friends. How she was very into her soccer and lacrosse. They talked about what Emily was like. And how she could always bring a smile to your face.

It brought me to tears because everything they were saying was true. Emily's smile could light up a room even when she was sad.

"Matt would you like to come up and talk? Elizabeth asked. I nodded.

"If any of you knew Emily personally you were very lucky. Emily was a fighter and a very tough one with that. What she was going through half of us couldn't do. She was dealing with an abusive ex-boyfriend. She was battling depression and anorexia. She was battling suicidal tendencies. She was a fighter and an angel. She was an angel who just wanted to fly again and she failed trying to. But I know the minute she stepped foot into heaven everyone loved her. So what if she had scars they just show how much tougher she was and if you can hear this. Emily Grier I love you more than you could ever imagine." By the time I was finished tears stained my eyes and cheeks. Everyone around was either crying or on the verge of crying. I stepped down and sat down. I watched as they carefully placed the casket in the grave.

Then I woke up.....