seven

chenle

i kept glancing at the clock waiting for the final bell to ring so i could be free from school until the next morning. i sighed in relief upon seeing that there was only three minutes of class left. i turned my attention back to ms. jo as she rambled on about something related to acids and bases or whatever. the last three minutes thankfully passed quickly unlike the rest of the class and ms. jo sighed as the bell interrupted her, dismissing us with a wave of her hand.

she was quite a young teacher but she knew how to take charge. she wasn't very strict, she was friendly and understanding. that's what made people want to be on her good side. i gathered my books and stood up.

'thank you miss.' i said politely and bowed as i passed her desk. she shook her head and sighed jokingly. 'chenle, i told you all not to call me that. it make me feel old, just call me haseul sweetheart.' i nodded, bowing again before i left her classroom.

i made my way to my lockers where i spotted jisung with his group of friends. i knew of them but jisung was the only one i was close with. i smiled as one of them who i recognized as johnny said something, making jisung and another boy called mark burst out laughing. yet another boy, lucas, ruffled jisung's hair while chuckling. all of them were in another year making jisung the youngest, automatically making them protective of him. he acted as if it annoyed him but we all know he loves the attention.

i tore my eyes away from the group, blushing when i realized how long i had spent just stood staring. i shook my head and opened my locker to throw all of my books into, not caring what condition they'd end up in. i closed my locker and the noise of it shutting was enough to get jisung's attention. i slung my bag over my shoulder and noticed he was staring at me. he smiled and held a finger up, saying something to his friends before he jogged over to me and slung an arm around my shoulders. i felt my face heat up and i stared at the ground.

'hey lele, how was your day?' that damn nickname.

'it was good. it seemed so long though.' the yawn that escaped my mouth confirmed the last part, making jisung laugh.

'i hope you're not too tired though, i wanted to ask if you want to hang out at mine. my parents are visiting my grandma for a few days and i'm already bored by myself.' i bit my lip lightly, thinking about it. i'd feel guilty leaving renjun by himself. i looked around and smiled when i spotted him by the entrance talking to jaemin. it looked like he wouldn't be needing me right now.

i nodded, agreeing to jisung's offer and he smiled before taking my hand and running out of the school. i laughed loudly, not caring about what others would think. that's what i liked about jisung, he always brought out the best in me and i didn't care about others opinions when i was with him. we left the school and had made it to the path that lead to his house yet his hand never left mine. anyone would think we're dating with the way we act but we're just close friends and that's all we'd remain even if it's not exactly what i wanted.

'a penny for your thoughts?' i jumped slightly, not realizing i had spaced out while walking. i smiled sheepishly and shook my head.

'they're not worth a penny.'

'you're right, everything about you is priceless. you're worth way more than a penny.' if he had said this months ago i'd be a blushing mess, but by now i'd accepted that he naturally has a flirty personality and didn't really mean it.

'hey where did that smile go?' jisung frowned slightly, pulling on my hand gently to get me to stop walking. i looked up and him and showed him a small smile.

'did i say something wrong?' i shook my head immediately and started walking again, pulling him along. 'no, i'm just tired.' i reassured him and he seemed to believe it as he nodded.

after a few minutes of walking we arrived at his house. he suggested having a movie marathon and i agreed, not really wanting to do anything that took a lot of energy. he told me to make myself comfortable while he went to get blankets and snacks.

i sat on his couch and put my bag on the ground. i was about to text renjun to see what was happening with jaemin but jisung returned before i could. i decided i'd just ask him later. jisung sat beside me with a smile, slinging a fluffy blanket over both of us. he placed some snacks on the table and leaned back, clicking on to netflix on his tv and playing some random movie.

after only a few minutes of the movie i felt a cool breeze from the window closest to me and shivered. jisung noticed and moved closer to me. 'sorry, that window doesn't close properly since i broke it with a football.' i nodded, signalling that it was okay. he ignored it and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist.

i tensed up as i hadn't expected him to do something like that. he seemed to notice how i tensed up as he whispered 'relax lele, it's just me' which instantly made me relax and melt into his arms. at this point i was almost on his lap but i didn't let my feelings get the best of me.

that was until he said that

'lele, you may be the prettiest person to walk on this earth.' he said it so quietly that it was barely a whisper, but i still somehow heard it loud and clear. my face reddened as i sat up slightly, looking at him. i swear i saw his eyes flicker to my lips for a split second.

'u-um thank you. that was kind of random.' i chuckled awkwardly, turning my head back to face the tv.

'i'm serious, you're beautiful.' his hand made its way to my cheek and he turned my head back to face him. this just made my face flush even more and i cursed him in my mind.

'i don't think so but-'

i was cut off with the feeling of his lips on mine. i was shocked but after a couple of seconds i came to my senses and kissed him back.

i was kissing my crush.

okay chenle you go king.

we pulled away after a few more seconds and he smiled at me. the embarrassment hit me and i quickly hid my face in his chest, hitting his chest lightly.

'why would you do that?' i groaned and felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled lightly, running a hand through my hair.

'because i like you, idiot.'

'i-'

'you don't have to say anything, it's obvious you like me back.' i looked back up at him slowly and he winked. i groaned again, hiding my face with my sleeves this time.

'and that just confirmed it. hopefully this means you'll be my boyfriend.' he said with a playful but hopeful tone. i uncovered half of my face just to show my eyes and slowly nodded. he smiled happily, pulling my hands away from my face and replaced them with his hands cupping my cheeks. he started leaning in but i immediately put my palm in front of his face, stopping him.

'not so fast mister.' he looked at me with confusion written all over his face. i sat up, pulling my phone out of my pocket and dialling a number. this just made him even more confused. the number dialled for a few seconds before he finally picked up.

'hello?'

i looked at jisung and grinned. 'zhong chenle is now a married man.' jisung groaned, rolling his eyes and flopping back into the couch. renjun chuckled, hearing jisung.

'so you're dating?'

'yes sir.'

we talked for a few more minutes before he told me he had to get going. i had completely forgotten about jaemin but i could text him later. right now i have a whole husband.

'you're such a dork, you know that?' jisung chuckled and pulled me on to his lap, clearly admiring my features. i nodded and giggled lightly. 'you're the one who signed the marriage papers, don't blame me.'

'such a dork.'

a/n: chensung chapter for y'all because we all love chensung <3