thirty five

a few months had passed since the friends had gone on their road trip and it was now nearing summer, meaning graduation was coming.

everyone's nerves grew worse as the time passed by too quickly. their final exams were in a couple of weeks and nobody failed to notice how the group was growing distant. they barely had time to talk to each other as they spent their days and nights studying and preparing.

in fact renjun was sat at his desk with his head in his hands, practically begging the words on the page in front of him to transfer to his mind. he sighed and laid his forehead on the desk, closing his eyes. 

he didn't notice his mother opening his bedroom door and leaning against the door frame until she spoke. 'hey jun, someone's here to see you and i'm sure you'll be happy to see them.' renjun looked up at his mum who stepped away from the door to reveal his two boyfriends. renjun's stress was instantly replaced with a warm feeling as the boys rushed towards him, engulfing him in a hug. renjun's mother smiled before closing the door, giving them space.

'i missed you both so much.' jaemin pouted before he pecked his boyfriends' lips. renjun smiled shyly and gestured for them to make themselves at home. he hadn't seen them much, only seeing them in class or in the halls since they all spent their lunch studying in the library or outside. even then in class they barely spoke as all their attention was on their teacher. he suddenly felt shy around the two younger boys as he stared at his hands in his lap.

jaemin and jeno had sat themselves down on renjun's bed, having to move a few moomin plushies to make space. the two had seen each other during work so they weren't missing each other as much, however they knew the oldest would be having a hard time.

they admired their boyfriend who looked lost in thought. 

'come join us, love.' jeno spoke softly to the older and patted the small space between him and jaemin. renjun snapped out of his thoughts and smiled, shuffling over and sitting himself between the two. he wasn't sure what to do. should he hug them? ask them about their day? kiss them?

once again his boyfriends noticed him spacing out and they shook their heads. jaemin grinned before he stood up, earning a confused look from jeno and nothing from renjun as he was still spaced out. jaemin giggled before he threw himself on the older boys, wrapping one arm around each boy as he laid on the two. renjun, who hadn't seen it coming, widened his eyes before he met the pairs' eyes and they all started giggling. the giggles turned into loud laughter until they all finally calmed down and jeno wrapped an arm around the two, pulling them closer.

'we really need to make more time to see each other.' he admired the two boys who nodded in response. jaemin laid his head on jeno's chest and jeno's hand automatically made it's way to the blue head of hair.

'are you tired, pup?' he asked the youngest who thought for a moment before he sat up and shifted his position so he was facing both of them.

'no, but you are.' he said to the brunette. renjun nodded and sat up to sit beside jaemin, turning his attention to jeno.

'you've both been working hard, let's take a break and nap.' jeno smiled, sitting up slightly before renjun pushed him back down, shaking his head.

'you are going to sleep, you always wait until we're asleep and you're almost always the first to wake up.' renjun scooted over to sit beside jeno, moving the younger's head to rest on his chest while jaemin placed a duvet over the pair.

jeno opened his mouth to say something but jaemin stopped him. 'let us take care of you for once, i know you like to be the protective one but it doesn't make you any less of a good boyfriend.' jeno couldn't say no as jaemin smiled and renjun gave him puppy eyes. he sighed and nodded, letting his body fully relax into renjun's hold. his boyfriends smiled at each other, proud of themselves for succeeding in convincing jeno.

'i love you both.' jeno mumbled sleepily, closing his eyes and letting himself drift off. renjun placed a kiss on his forehead and jaemin moved to his other side, wrapping an arm around his waist and back hugging him.

a/n: why do 95% of my friends lowkey highkey hate me

anyways i hope you have a good day / night, drink water and take care of yourself ily