forty five

"can you tell me where we're going yet?"

renjun's boyfriends had placed a blindfold over his eyes and, after reassuring him that they'd keep him safe, they convinced him to let them bring them to the unknown destination.

"just wait a couple more minutes, bub." jaemin chuckled as renjun pouted in the passenger seat of jeno's car. "oh hey chenle's already here."

the younger boys laughed as renjun immediately sat up, excited to see his best friend. once the car stopped, he scrambled to take his seat belt off. jaemin was quick to hop out of the car and open renjun's door, afraid that he'd end up falling out of the car. 

"come on, i've got you." jaemin took renjun's hand and guided him out of the car and over to what renjun guessed was his best friend.

"injun, you're gonna love this." renjun felt a little more relaxed at chenle's excited tone. he heard somebody fumbling with some keys and then a door being unlocked. he tilted his head in confusion, trying to guess what it is.

"ready to see your surprise?" jeno whispered into the blonde's ear and renjun nodded. jeno slowly untied the blindfold and let it fall from renjun's eyes. the chinese boy's eyes widened as he took in his surroundings.

they were standing outside sun&moon cafe, except it looked completely different. the outside was freshly painted and now a baby pink color with fairy lights hanging across the large window. once renjun looked a little closer, he saw the fairy lights were shaped to look like puppies.

"let's head inside, shall we?" jaemin held his hand out for renjun to take and guided the speechless boy inside. his jaw dropped once he saw the inside and he could only stare in awe at what he saw.

white chairs and tables filled the room, but it was the moomin details that got renjun's attention. each table had a jar with typical things like sugar and salt, but the jar had a moomin pattern and the sugar and salt were in moomin packaging. he looked around the walls and noticed framed moomin paintings. once his eyes scanned across the room and landed in a back corner, his eyes widened even more. he ran to the corner and stared at what was in front of him.

"explain, right now." renjun turned to his boyfriends, his eyes still wide and mouth open. jeno and jaemin chuckled before taking a seat at one of the tables and their friends followed.

"the owner of the cafe, kun, is moving back to china to stay with his family so he was going to have to sell the cafe, but he loves this place so much. he always said how he doesn't want to sell this place just for it to be neglected or turned into another basic shop. i was telling jeno about this when he came up with an idea." donghyuck gestured to jeno to signal that it was his turn to speak.

"i knew i didn't want to go to college and so did jaemin, so i was excited when an idea popped into my head. i told jaemin about this idea and he loved it, so we started working on it. we wanted to buy sun&moon cafe and keep it open as a cafe, but add our own elements and characteristics to it. it's a cafe, which jaemin and his coffee addiction love. as you can see, we added moomin detailing to things like cups, decorations and cutlery, and finally this." jeno pointed to the area that had a small fence framing it and white kennels inside. "for me, i decided to make it a pup cafe because of my love for puppies and how often people compare me to one."

renjun could only stare at his boyfriends with a surprised but amazed look in his eyes. once he snapped back to reality, he threw himself at his boyfriends, engulfing them in a large hug.

"this is amazing, thank you so much. i love it so much, i love you so much." the younger boys looked at each other with a proud smile, happy that they succeeded in making their baby happy.

"so i guess you like it then?" jaemin asked with a playful smile as renjun pulled away from the boys after a few minutes of hugging and thanking them. renjun nodded, looking around the cafe again.

"i love it, where are the puppies though?"

"they actually live with a woman just five minutes away. she takes in stray puppies and helps them, so we offered to take some every day so they could meet new people and play together. her name is tzuyu." jeno said as he wrapped his arms around the two boys, looking around proudly at the place. renjun nodded and melted into jeno's touch, he couldn't be any happier.

a/n: this ff is gonna end soon :(( why am i attached to a ff

but,,, what if i uh,,, messed around and uhh,,

you know

,,,,

made,,

a sequel,,,

also yes donghyuck knew about nomin's plans the whole time, he just played dumb so the others wouldn't be suspicious